WinDownload - THE Windows download utility for SmugMug users.

13»

Comments

• rastiazulrastiazul Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited September 12, 2015
    hi i just tried this but it only shows 4 of my albums and i have lots
  • arrbeearrbee Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited January 3, 2016
    Hi David, I'd like to use the command-line downloader that your web site says should be part of this application but it isn't actually part of the installation. Could you please let me know how I can get hold of it?

Many thanks!
  • fecundfecfecundfec Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited October 4, 2016
    Update for current API?
    WinDownload is listing my galleries, but isn't downloading any pictures from them. It seems that the API has changed. Any chance of another update to get this working again with the current SmugMug site?
  • MNguyenMNguyen Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited October 25, 2016
    I am able to download photos - but wondering if the downloader is also grabbing private files (which I want) and about the difference between site password and owner password in terms of downloading.
  • DsweetDsweet Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins

@rastiazul said:
    hi i just tried this but it only shows 4 of my albums and i have lots

Albums that are "Right Click Protected" will not appear in the album list - This might be the case for you.

@arrbee said:
    Hi David, I'd like to use the command-line downloader that your web site says should be part of this application but it isn't actually part of the installation. Could you please let me know how I can get hold of it?

Many thanks!

I am sorry, but due to lack of interest I stopped supporting it.

@MNguyen said:
    I am able to download photos - but wondering if the downloader is also grabbing private files (which I want) and about the difference between site password and owner password in terms of downloading.

sorry for the slow response.
    1. I am not sure what you mean by private files. The dialog has a checkbox that when checks downloads hidden files. It also allows the user to provide Album passwords.
    2. The owner password is the one that the owner uses to log on to his/her account. If this is what you want to do then click on the owner password option and enter your email. If you want to use the site password, select the site password option and enter the site password you set for your account. More information can be found here: http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93321-how-do-i-set-a-sitewide-password-

Hope this helps.

@fecundfec said:
    Update for current API?
    WinDownload is listing my galleries, but isn't downloading any pictures from them. It seems that the API has changed. Any chance of another update to get this working again with the current SmugMug site?

I am sorry to hear that. I just installed it and tried it and it works for me. Can you provide any more information? Maybe a screen shot?

• emptyhemptyh Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    I just tried using WinDownload to restore my entire Smugmug account. It worked great for all of my images, but skipped all videos. I fiddled with the settings a bit and was able to get it to include videos, but all of the videos were converted to lower quality. Is there something I'm missing that would allow this utility to get both images and videos at full quality?

Thanks!
  • JohnGypsyJohnGypsy Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    So, I get that this is an ancient project and likely abandoned... But any chance of an update? It is STILL pretty much the ONLY decent SmugMug album downloading tool out there.

This version (v1.1.0.91 Beta) stopped working after the June 11th changes. (I assume probably BOTH the Secure-HTTP requirement and, harder to fix, the API deprecation.) When you now give it a user nickname and click to pull the album list, you get the following error: "Error logging in. Name cannot begin with the ' ' character, hexadecimal value 0x20. Line 49, position 25."

Any chance you could update this to work again? Again, I know it is old, but the reality is that it is still probably the most popular SmugMug album downloader out there!

Thanks for your time!
  • BernhardLenzBernhardLenz Registered Users Posts: 0 Beginner grinner
    I'm also looking for a way to download 100s of galleries from smugmug as downloading gallery by gallery will be too painful. I tried Windownload and get the same error as @JohnGypsy. Has anybody found a workaround for this error? Is there perhaps another tool that can do this job? I also tried finding a download for the CLDownload cli but to no avail....
  • johndocjohndoc Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins

End of the year and I'm getting the same error as JohnGypsy and BernhardLenz as well.