Accent colour does not match and side bar jumps

1OAKPhoto1OAKPhoto Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited September 15, 2014 in SmugMug Customization
Hi i am new here so hello all.

I am currently building my SmugMug site and am finding it fun and intuitive but i have come across one problem.

In my theme for the entire site i have set the accent colour to #668e41. But when looking at the social media icon and hyperlinks which should be in the accent colour they are a brighter shade of green which does not tie in with the site. (see attached screenshot)
The reason I am so specific with the colour as this is my logo colour which is on all of my merchandise.

I hope someone can help as its becoming rather frustrating.

P.S. Side bar for some reason is behaving its self at the moment but after scrolling to the bottom of the page it would jump into the middle of the page behind the content.

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited September 14, 2014
    It's clear from your screen shot that the social media icons does not match the color in your logo, but it does appear to match the text that is showing in the block on the upper right side of your screen shot. I suspect you are going to need to change your accent color to a slightly darker color to match the color in your logo.

Or - have you considered setting your social icons to the default color of your site?

--- Denise
  • ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2014
    Oh, I remember this, I had the same problem, choosing a color would not give me the color. In fact typing in the HEX code would not give me that color.... I don't remember what the thread was where the answer was provided. It was supposedly part of the theme I had chosen... and there was a workaround...
  • bobbyherobobbyhero Registered Users Posts: 207 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2014
    Not sure what's going on... but this code will fix it:
    .sm-user-ui a.sm-accent, .sm-user-ui a.sm-accent:active, .sm-user-ui a.sm-accent:visited, .sm-user-ui a.sm-accent:hover {
      color:#668e41 !important;
    }

.sm-user-ui .sm-page-widget-text a, .sm-user-ui .sm-page-widget-text a:hover, .sm-user-ui .sm-page-widget-text a:active, .sm-user-ui .sm-page-widget-text a:visited {
        color:#668e41 !important;
    }

Just add that to the top of your Entire Site CSS block.