WTb-Lens Case/Cap for a 10.5mm

digger2digger2 Registered Users Posts: 91 Big grins
edited June 16, 2010 in Nikon Land
Let me know please

Comments

• Options
    SeymoreSeymore Banned Posts: 1,539 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2010
    What type of case are you looking for? Hard or soft case? Orig Nikon or will 3rd part work? Also, can you tell us what the dimensions of the lens that needs to fits in this case?

TIA
  • Options
    hathat Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited June 15, 2010
    I hate to say it, but wouldn't you be better off ordering those items instead of hoping someone has an extra case and cap lying around?
  • Options
    time2smiletime2smile Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2010
    hat wrote: »
    I hate to say it, but wouldn't you be better off ordering those items instead of hoping someone has an extra case and cap lying around?

Welcome, hat, I've asked that same question, and the answer is to get it from a fellow dgriner, and possibly save a few bucks in the process. Lets face it some Nikon accessories are quite expensive, and sometimes you buy something online that you think will work as far as a lens case goes, and it just doesn't fit the way you want, may not be worth sending it back, may need it later, but ends up in your closet for awhile, you see a request like this and its time to clean house...

digger2, you should also post the cap on the PAY IT FORWARD section...
    Ted....
    It's not what you look at that matters: Its what you see!
    Nikon
    http://www.time2smile.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited June 15, 2010
    Thats the benefit of the flea market
    It helps to move some old stuff out, pass the money around etc.
    Plus, the Nikon one is pretty expensive
    hat wrote: »
  • Options
    edited June 15, 2010
    This is an odd one
    The case is a slip on one with a tie off.
    Seymore wrote: »
    What type of case are you looking for? Hard or soft case? Orig Nikon or will 3rd part work? Also, can you tell us what the dimensions of the lens that needs to fits in this case?

TIA
  • Options
    SeymoreSeymore Banned Posts: 1,539 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2010
    digger2 wrote: »
    The case is a slip on one with a tie off.
    Oh, I see now. You need a soft cap, like some of the long (400+) lenses use. I thought you were looking for a storage "case". Good luck...

update: Looks like the MF 16mm FE cap might work? My 16 FE is a hard cap that slides over the lens. It's ~42mm ID. Here's a listing:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Genuine-Nikon-Lens-Cap-AIS-AF-16mm-F2-8-D-10-5mm-G-/220622564004?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Cameras_Photographic_Accessories&hash=item335e212aa4

And you might ask this seller the ID of this cap:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/16mm-Slip-Cap-/160078604322?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25456da822

ps: ID = inside diameter