Options

Anhingas on Nest, and in Flight

PGMPGM Registered Users Posts: 2,007 Major grins
edited April 16, 2014 in Wildlife
Hi Everyone!

Here are two shots of Anhingas. All comments and suggestions for improvement welcome and appreciated! Best to all, Pam

1) Mom and Pop on the mest:

2014_0402_Anhinga_Avery_Island-2-L.jpg

2) And One in Flight:

2014_0412_Anhinga_Avery_Island-1B-1-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2014
    Wow! Never even heard of this name before! #2 is great!! First is good but getting lost in background a bit! Cheers!
  • Options
    AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2014
    I understand the concern about the busy background in #1, but sometimes you don't have much say in the matter.
    Personally I prefer #1 - tack sharp and I like the placement of the birds. Nice to have male and female in one frame showing their differences. I also like the different stances of the two birds. The shape and lines of the male are terrific.
    Really enjoyed these.
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • Options
    edited April 16, 2014
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    Wow! Never even heard of this name before! #2 is great!! First is good but getting lost in background a bit! Cheers!

Thanks so much. I know what you mean about the background, but it was the best angle I had. If only! Best, Pam
  • Options
    edited April 16, 2014
    AceCo55 wrote: »
    I understand the concern about the busy background in #1, but sometimes you don't have much say in the matter.
    Personally I prefer #1 - tack sharp and I like the placement of the birds. Nice to have male and female in one frame showing their differences. I also like the different stances of the two birds. The shape and lines of the male are terrific.
    Really enjoyed these.

Thanks so much. I'm hoping for some chicks soon! Of course, if it keeps acting like winter here, they may decide life in the egg is preferable! Best, Pam