Rush, rush, rush

Wicked_DarkWicked_Dark Registered Users Posts: 1,138 Major grins
edited April 29, 2010 in Landscapes
An overcast day is the perfect time to go after waterfalls and brooks. I got rained on a bit, but got back to the car before the heavy stuff hit. Strangely there was very little change to this location from the time I shot it this winter. Other than the lack of snow and the addition of a bit of greenery, it looks much the same. This time though I got to walk on the rocks themselves, not the snow and ice covering them. Enjoy. C & C welcome as usual. All done w/an Olympus E-30, 12-60mm ZD lens & polarizer. I really have to get an ND filter to fit this lens one of these days. Oh and an ancient Bogen tripod.

1. Above the upper falls, behind a safety rope set up to keep folks off the icy boulders. I figured it was ok now.

4558652835_78fe5779bc_b.jpg

2. detail of the main cascade
849904403_3D2zJ-XL.jpg

3. below the main falls where Cold brook relaxes a bit
849904524_5Dgse-XL.jpg

still working on a shot of the main cascade. It's so typical of the ones taken by everyone around here that I'm not sure I like it. Due to the landscape there's really only a few ways to shoot it without obstruction or falling in. Eh...you know how it is.

anyway, thanks for looking.

Comments

• rhondavidrhondavid Registered Users Posts: 433 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2010
    These are very nice. I love flowing water over rocks. The second one reminds me of a shot I got in Gatlinburg last fall.

Thanks for sharing!
    David

D40
    18 - 55 kit lens
    55- 200 VR kit lens
    Lots of desires
  • Wicked_DarkWicked_Dark Registered Users Posts: 1,138 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2010
    thanks David. flowing water is captivating, isn't it?
  • ridgemacridgemac Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited April 29, 2010
    Comp
    The composition and colors of the first one are great!
    Larry
  • Wicked_DarkWicked_Dark Registered Users Posts: 1,138 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2010
    thanks very much. I was really pleased to find that vantage point; in winter is was inaccessible.