Perfect Camera?!

rosselliotrosselliot Registered Users Posts: 702 Major grins
edited July 1, 2006 in Cameras
in y'all's professional opinion (of course), what is the ultimate DSLR for a semi professional on a budget? haha - did I narrow that down too much?
let's say....good in low light for events and stuff like that, good battery life, good price....um....pretty much all around perfect. haha. just kidding...however, I am really needing some advice, I don't want to spend thousands of dollars on the camera and lens if it's not going to perfect for me for the next few-5 years. I hope I'm not being unreasonable...any thoughts?!
www.rossfrazier.com
www.rossfrazier.com/blog

My Equipment:
Canon EOS 5D w/ battery grip
Backup Canon EOS 30D | Canon 28 f/1.8 | Canon 24 f/1.4L Canon 50mm f/1.4 | Sigma 50mm f/2.8 EX DI Macro | Canon 70-200 F/2.8 L | Canon 580 EX II Flash and Canon 550 EX Flash
Apple MacBook Pro with dual 24" monitors
Domke F-802 bag and a Shootsac by Jessica Claire
Infiniti QX4

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2006
    Perfect? You are barking up the wrong tree my friend lol3.gif No camera is perfect. But, Canon is better than Nikon rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
  • JohnnyJrJohnnyJr Registered Users Posts: 174 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2006
    How about a 20d? You can get one now for under a grand. Easy to use, 8mb, tons of great lenses available... Get a good flash and an extra battery for $60 and keep it charged up. With that and the lenses available to you, you'll be able to cover just about any type of assignment. As a semi-pro on a budget myself, it has been very, very good to me...
    rosselliot wrote:
    in y'all's professional opinion (of course), what is the ultimate DSLR for a semi professional on a budget? haha - did I narrow that down too much?
    let's say....good in low light for events and stuff like that, good battery life, good price....um....pretty much all around perfect. haha. just kidding...however, I am really needing some advice, I don't want to spend thousands of dollars on the camera and lens if it's not going to perfect for me for the next few-5 years. I hope I'm not being unreasonable...any thoughts?!
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
    Jake: Hit it.

http://www.sissonphotography.com
    www.flickr.com/photos/sissonphotography
    http://sissonphotography.blogspot.com/
  • JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2006
    The "perfect" camera is the one that you use!!:D I love my 20D, in fact I have always loved my Canon's! I still have a couple of film cameras..AE-1 Program, and EOS Rebel XS.

The 20D is great, if you have the bucks, get the 30D that way you don't have that would-a should-a could-a thing going on later.

I want the 1D Mark II N...a guy's gotta have a dream!:D

Even though I am a Canon guy, Nikon is great too. Even though everyone knows the white lenses are always lusted for! :D

Good luck finding perfection.............:uhoh rolleyes1.gif :uhoh rolleyes1.gifne_nau.gifheadscratch.gif:D
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
  • rosselliotrosselliot Registered Users Posts: 702 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2006
    hahah rolleyes1.gif Andy, are you trying to turn this thread into a nikon V. canon flame contest?! I appreciate all comments given and any more that are to be given!!! thanks a ton!

- RE
    www.rossfrazier.com
    www.rossfrazier.com/blog

My Equipment:
    Canon EOS 5D w/ battery grip
    Backup Canon EOS 30D | Canon 28 f/1.8 | Canon 24 f/1.4L Canon 50mm f/1.4 | Sigma 50mm f/2.8 EX DI Macro | Canon 70-200 F/2.8 L | Canon 580 EX II Flash and Canon 550 EX Flash
    Apple MacBook Pro with dual 24" monitors
    Domke F-802 bag and a Shootsac by Jessica Claire
    Infiniti QX4
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,789 moderator
    edited July 1, 2006
    rosselliot wrote:
    Perfect Camera?!

Why mine, of course! Now if I was just perfect, I could take perfect pictures!

(Unfortunately, the weaker link often fails, often between the ears. I tried blaming Canon, but my parents seem more culpable.:D)

ziggy53
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums