Options

Removing lock icons from images

DenisODenisO Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited October 11, 2014 in SmugMug Support
Hello,

I am trying to figure out if there is a work around to hiding the lock icon overlaying images on the front page of my smugmug website. The site is password locked but even when I unlock it, or even login, there are locks on the center of every image. Does this make sense?

Is there something I can write in CSS like:

.locked {display: none;} to hide or remove those lock icons?

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Options
    DenisODenisO Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited September 25, 2014
    Oops, actually I figured it out :P

For anyone having this issue do this:

.sm-tile-photo .sm-icon-only {
    display: none !important;
    }
  • Options
    herojosieherojosie Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited September 25, 2014
    Hi,

Glad you were able to find the code and thanks so much for sharing it :)
    Thanks,
    Josie
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    anglotexiananglotexian Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited October 8, 2014
    DenisO wrote: »
    Oops, actually I figured it out :P

For anyone having this issue do this:

.sm-tile-photo .sm-icon-only {
    display: none !important;
    }

I wish this fix would work on my site - not sure why it would work on one, but not another. But then, what I really wish for is that SM would fix this bug at source. It's just about one year since New SM was launched, and despite multiple requests, those of us with PW protected sites are still living with it!
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2014
    Testing this on a test site, I don't see any issue. While you're logged in as the account owner, it's by design that galleries that are affected by a site or folder password, show a lock icon next to their name. That's to remind you that if you share the link to that gallery, a password will be required of the visitor.

However, if I go to my site as a logged out visitor, enter the site password, there's no lock icon on the gallery that has no separate password set.

If you're seeing any different logged out as a visitor, I'd recommend that you send details to the HelpDesk, including a link to the gallery in question and your site password.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited October 9, 2014
    Testing this on a test site, I don't see any issue. While you're logged in as the account owner, it's by design that galleries that are affected by a site or folder password, show a lock icon next to their name. That's to remind you that if you share the link to that gallery, a password will be required of the visitor.

However, if I go to my site as a logged out visitor, enter the site password, there's no lock icon on the gallery that has no separate password set.

If you're seeing any different logged out as a visitor, I'd recommend that you send details to the HelpDesk, including a link to the gallery in question and your site password.

Hi Sebastian,

I'm not sure how long you've been involved with SM, or whether you know the history of this problem. Previous efforts to resolve this with the help desk have gone nowhere. The only person that took any degree of ownership was Michael Bonocore, and I believe that he did his best to get it the attention it deserved. But, note that it has been on the Dgrin Active Bug List for one year now: http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=241469, and being on that list means that it is a recognized bug.

Are there any developers left at SM, and if so, what is it going to take to get this fixed?

Respectfully,

Ian
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2014
    Hi Ian,

I'm sorry, I misunderstood what the issue reported in the thread was. You can disregard my previous post.

The issue in question is filed as a bug in our system and our team is aware of it. However, I can't say when we'll be able to resolve the issue. For now, I can only recommend that you try out the CSS code and if that doesn't seem to work for you, it would be helpful if you could post a link to your site so we could take a look at it.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited October 10, 2014
    Hi Sebastian,

Unfortunately the CSS fix published by DenisO doesn't work for my site. Also, since it's PW protected it's not going to be accessible from here. If I send you the URL in a PM can you access it from inside SM?

Ian
  • Options
    TeachTeach Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2014
    Ian rather than a PM just send us a link to your site so we could take a look at it at the following address of, help@smugmug.com.

The issue is filed as a bug in our system and our team is aware of it. I don't know when we'll be able to resolve the issue but we appreciate your patience.
    Heather
    SmugMug Support Hero