Options

A Break In The Woods

DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
edited March 27, 2013 in Other Cool Shots
I00mm macro on 400D IR. Everything seems to be working better together now. I just needed a couple tweeks to me to get me started.
Several of you all helped with those tweaks and I have you to thank for the quicker intro I'm getting :D Have a ways to go but I am going to enjoy getting there.
I was liking this save for sky color. Work to do there.

AViewInTheWoods_W1WMweb_7663-XL.jpg
Michael

Comments

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2013
    I don't know, brother. You note the off-color sky but, to me, there's a lot more lacking in this shot than just that. I don't see any real point of interest here. The tree clumps used as framing on the sides are not too appealing, nor is the grass in the foreground. The background ranges are also a little weak.

These are opinions I would have regardless of what technique you were employing. I'm real excited to see you delving into the world of infrared photography. I not only admire your gumption in taking on new challenges, but I'll probably learn a good deal myself...in a somewhat vicarious fashion.

I'd send this shot to file 13, though. It's not representative of your talents.

Take care, buddy,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2013
    I don't know, brother. You note the off-color sky but, to me, there's a lot more lacking in this shot than just that. I don't see any real point of interest here. The tree clumps used as framing on the sides are not too appealing, nor is the grass in the foreground. The background ranges are also a little weak.

These are opinions I would have regardless of what technique you were employing. I'm real excited to see you delving into the world of infrared photography. I not only admire your gumption in taking on new challenges, but I'll probably learn a good deal myself...in a somewhat vicarious fashion.

I'd send this shot to file 13, though. It's not representative of your talents.

Take care, buddy,

Tom
    Sweet rolleyes1.gifLike wheres the beef? Laughing.gif
    A fine assessment Tom and put forward keenly. I am already trying to see what to do from your C&C in a preplanned re shoot. I just knew there was something but couldn't entirely figure it. Was thinking it was as easy as a simple move to the right for the BG but its more than that then. I am going to have to figure out how to represent that break more efficiently cause I am not going to let it go. I like its bones and what it possibly could be if addressed mo betta. Those ideas are coming and I am going to go have another look at it soon. So this gets pinned to the fix it and bring vision board. I have a file 13 and it sees some use but the lions share goes to my "Something From Nothing" cabinet. Maybe my heirs will know what to do if I can not headscratch.gif:D The Adams family found ripe fruit in such an archive.
    Thank you Tom.
    I hope Windmill comes across more right than wrong out of the box. We need a hit to 3rd. But don't give it a break if theres a tell.
    Michael