Options

Can't See The Forest For The Trees

DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
edited March 29, 2013 in Other Cool Shots
Was thinking to call the thread "Don't Look". :D These are so hard to even look at let alone spend any time in the picture.
Got this niffty Canon 100mm macro Saturday and needed to test drive it on my IR 400D. So I went to a
lake area I hand'nt been to in ages since I was now close to it. I was amazed at how dense the woods
were most of the way around this lake. There was a few man made breaks that offered some compositions and that was about it. Next to those breaks these were the trees on either side.

While it was tough as all get out to work on these I think I benefited practicing with the subtleties of
dodging and burning, contrast etc. I'd run through a look see, erase, then do it again. Each one very
different than the one before willy nilly as it were. Also, I am not real good at producing a black &
white worth its salt. So more practice, practice :D The 100mm I had just purchased has super nice
sharp. I am delighted to the Max about that sharp. It was like an about time moment :wink for macro lens experience for me on SLR.

ThickDenseWoodland_WMweb_7664-L.jpg

OMGThickThickTangle_WMweb2_7664-L.jpg

C&C is always a welcome :D
Michael

Comments

• Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2013
    As you mentioned Michael, these are very dramatic images - abstract, and full of a certain kind of tension... definitely unique. thumb.gif
    I think they might work well as a background to a graphic design layout of some sort - text, etc.

I have that lens too, and love it - my copy is very sharp also - enjoy!
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    edited March 27, 2013
    Earache wrote: »
    As you mentioned Michael, these are very dramatic images - abstract, and full of a certain kind of tension... definitely unique. thumb.gif
    I think they might work well as a background to a graphic design layout of some sort - text, etc.

I have that lens too, and love it - my copy is very sharp also - enjoy!

A club member put that 100mm lens up with a Sigma 50mm 1.4. The Sigma had the hotspot at upper above f7. 1 so I couldn't have it for the IR landscapes. Otherwise a fine lens. The 100mm I would have picked up regardless. Lord Vetinari would approve I do believe. Reviews on B&H stellar. Sellers pictures with it dead sharp in every regard. My few good and sharp = nice ride. Sweet to hear yours is a good issue too. Glad of it.

I'd like to see a layout as you describe. Maybe you know of one case or so.
    Really appreciate your break down given. Its on the money for as much as it could be spent. Makes
    me wonder how many actually made it a far as you did, as if there was someplace to go headscratch.gif and I confess my aim. Shacking the bars on my cage mwink.gif I wonder if that was Bill's point too less shaking the bars on his cage :D
    For this intentional train wreck lol3.gif Thanks for giving it the time of day Eric and serious assessment as to its potentials. You know how I feel about titles, nervy little things, but for this "Sunglasses At Night" & "Radical Over Ride" came to mind lastnight. A place to start to replace "Untitled". Oh, hell...
    "Untitled Trash" just came to mind. Just trying to be sensitive to other eyes bowdown.gif and I thank'em for saying what the heck do we have here. I know I said that too. Very hard to consider abstracts is where these live. Nice you used the word dramatic. Is that too kind or just describing the tension?
    Thank you Eric :D
    Also, I mentioned to my wife that I would rather work a completely black circle puzzle than approach these as one.
    Michael
  • Options
    IDDBIDDB Registered Users Posts: 125 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2013
    Holly cr*p, my eyes are bleeding. :beatwax :D

I do have some that are hard to explore but these will give you an head hake in no time flat! :oogle
  • Options
    edited March 27, 2013
    IDDB wrote: »
    Holly cr*p, my eyes are bleeding. :beatwax :D
    Well, Michael, at least one viewer is going to need medical attention rolleyes1.gif... so "Don't Look" might have been a good title. :D
    I'm probably different than most viewers in that I have a high tolerance for unusual, non-standard, even crazy, image content. I'll PM you my email and If you send me #1, just for fun, I will work-up something graphical.
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    edited March 28, 2013
    OMG ... Man down. Injury on the field umph.gif
    lol3.gif
    Sorry... Ice?
    Michael
  • Options
    edited March 28, 2013
    DaddyO wrote: »
    OMG ... Man down. Injury on the field umph.gif
    lol3.gif
    Sorry... Ice?
    Thanks for the ice... But I'm fighting back with this image. May God have mercy on your soul. :duel :D

Look into my nostrils...
    8328571620_5fd4f60c6a.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 28, 2013
    :jose
    All In
    StoneColorsCurves_WU2WMweb2_9594-XL.jpg

:D
    Michael
  • Options
    edited March 28, 2013
    I like it Michael, looks like a Bull with muscles.

8551270098_50e8d34ffe_c.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 28, 2013
    Definitely some serious push in your work. Going in deep for the look... and its cool :D
    Michael
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2013
    Earache wrote: »
    Well, Michael, at least one viewer is going to need medical attention rolleyes1.gif... so "Don't Look" might have been a good title. :D
    I'm probably different than most viewers in that I have a high tolerance for unusual, non-standard, even crazy, image content. I'll PM you my email and If you send me #1, just for fun, I will work-up something graphical.
    Sooooo, if I look at something really bad accidentally... is someone responsible for that headscratch.gif:D There might be a need to know here.
    Michael
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2013
    Definitely some serious push in your work. Going in deep for the look... and its cool :D

Thanks... FYI the image is a blend of 2 different shots not one that as been stretched over the other.

See you later M
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2013
    IDDB wrote: »
    Thanks... FYI the image is a blend of 2 different shots not one that as been stretched over the other.

See you later M
    And that is interesting to know. I pretty much have yet to blend images at all like that for that reason.
    Can see the potential easily via your result. It is something I will have to come back to in your other
    threads were you are the OP in that thread explaining the very deep lengths you go to for that very
    cool look and others similar cool little different look to each. :D
    Michael
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2013
    Sooooo, if I look at something really bad accidentally... is someone responsible for that headscratch.gif:D There might be a need to know here.

He.. he.. he.. Ever since Al Gore invented the Internet, I've been looking at "really bad" mwink.gif things accidentally - you don't see me suing anybody. rolleyes1.gif
    Eric ~ Smugmug