Options

I told you it was engagement season

tenoverthenosetenoverthenose Registered Users Posts: 815 Major grins
edited March 9, 2011 in Weddings
From last weekend in Yosemite. These two are active outdoor enthuasists and managed to wedge themselves into that crack in #4. I was amazed. More on my wedding site.
79893edfa5e85791993c6ac544f11594.jpg

6381c69cf2bb5b11028193e71fbffa77.jpg

9ca91c5ae51bde5eb4f662a812dfed2a.jpg

f3a1abaaef95d479c1934a11264e9b8e.jpg

dcc1796b6bb0b5fd00920500e402703e.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2011
    Very nice set! Very intimate feelings
  • Options
    GitzoGitzo Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited March 8, 2011
    Nice shoot, but can you explain where number 4 was taken? It looks like a crack in the rocks. Thanks!
  • Options
    JonDraperPhotoJonDraperPhoto Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited March 8, 2011
    Love them. What lenses were used? And what kinda of PP did you use on the last two black and whites? Love the lack of contrast
  • Options
    edited March 8, 2011
    Thanks everyone :)

Gitzo #4 was taken in a crack made between two huge boulders. We were already in a cave and they found this crack and wanted to slide in. Somehow they managed to... and somehow they managed to get out!

Jon the lenses used, in order - 16-35, 85, 85, 35, 70-200. For the B&W conversion on the last two I just flattened out the blacks so that everything is more of a grey and white. That way I can maintain contrast, but keep things from getting to dark.
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2011
    #2 is ridiculously beautiful!
  • Options
    NALEMNALEM Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited March 9, 2011
    Like the last one best. :ivar
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2011
    #4 for the win!:D
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    edited March 9, 2011
    Thanks again everyone! #2 is a spot that I have been driving by for years, but I have never been able to take a couple there because it is way out of the way (time constraints). On Saturday I started to plan my shoot around that spot and came upon many new locations. I think I might like #5 the best, just because I shot it at f32.. maybe...
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2011
    I think you should do some more sessions embracing the canyoneering methodology like #4. :D
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    jpcjpc Registered Users Posts: 840 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2011
    #3 has some kind of weird depth-of-field, tilt-shift thing going on. They look like tiny people.

#5 is a good shot.
  • Options
    mpauliempaulie Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2011
    I love #1 because of how you point your camera right at the sun and laugh "Muahahahaha" At least that's how I imagine it.
  • Options
    edited March 9, 2011
    mpaulie wrote: »
    I love #1 because of how you point your camera right at the sun and laugh "Muahahahaha" At least that's how I imagine it.

Dude, where you hiding in the trees when I shot that, because that's EXACTLY how I did it :)

Actually the tree is blocking a lot of the sun from the camera (you cant tell because it's not stopped down) and the snow (in direct sun) on the ground was throwing tons of light back at the couple.

@Ted - There are actually tons of caves in Yosemite that I have wanted to shoot in, but this is the first time it's ever happened. I think I'm going to have to plan a shoot around this. It might start to remind me of the cenote shoot I did a while back...

@jpc - #2 was shot on my 85L at 1.2. The ts effect is not a tilt shift, just the super shallow DOF at 1.2. For some reason I really like shooting wide open at a distance.