Bride Judy

Tim KirkwoodTim Kirkwood Registered Users Posts: 900 Major grins
edited October 30, 2006 in Weddings
My first wedding, her second. Had a good time. Have not processed very many yet but I think I did ok overall. Could have done worse for my first one. I am sure she will be happy with them.

106075430-M.jpg

Tim
www.KirkwoodPhotography.com

Speak with sweet words, for you never know when you may have to eat them....

Comments

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2006
    My first wedding, her second. Had a good time. Have not processed very many yet but I think I did ok overall. Could have done worse for my first one. I am sure she will be happy with them.
    Tim
    If this is an example of the rest of the shoot, I'm sure the B&G will be thrilled with them. This is very nice!
  • Tim KirkwoodTim Kirkwood Registered Users Posts: 900 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2006
    If this is an example of the rest of the shoot, I'm sure the B&G will be thrilled with them. This is very nice!

Thank you for the kind words Scott! This is one of the better ones but yes they mostly are all around the same. I could not find the high voltage cable for my flash on short notice. I was planning to order it and plumb forgot till a day or so before the wedding. So all I had was the low voltage cable to connect my 550 to my battery pack(tr-2000) so recycle times caught me a few times so some are extremely dark. With the low voltage cable I did not have to worry about runing out of power but I want/need the high voltage cable to eliminate the recycle times. But overall most came out just fine. I will post a few more as I process.

Thanks
    Tim

• Tim KirkwoodTim Kirkwood Registered Users Posts: 900 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2006
    Did some more work on this image after receiving some advice over at FM.

How do you guys feel about this revision?

106364893-M.jpg

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2006
    Did some more work on this image after receiving some advice over at FM.

How do you guys feel about this revision?

106364893-M.jpg
    This looks much improvedthumb.gif and it's fine as it stands. If you are interested in an idea that may improve it a bit more - Looking at it on my monitor at work (yeah, it cr*p monitor), it looks like the bodice of her gown has lost some detail. Maybe it's may be a candidate for a little careful dodging & burning?
  • Rick PearsonRick Pearson Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited October 30, 2006
    Well look who it is! I know that lady... come to think of it I know that photographer! ...wait oh yeah I was there... eh oh well.

The new shot finally POPS which is great! Try to de-tint her skin tone from the yellowish hue it has taken on and move it back toward it's natural shade. No one will really notice it as is because it's not bad, but it's something to keep a finger on. If you're going to move the hue of skin tones, try to move them in the direction of being a deeper tan, or a pale skin tone; which ever serves the photo best.

Good job.wings.gif(I had to use this guy, he dances.)