New Here with some wedding work (56k warning)

Ghost_DogGhost_Dog Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
edited October 24, 2006 in Weddings
Hi Guys,
Great to be a member here. I thought I'd share 3 pics from a wedding I shot with a mate last weekend. Thought these turned out particularly well considering the use of available light and a high ISO.
These were shot at F1.8 and 1600 ISO with a videographers light in front of the couple.
Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated.

Ghostie

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Comments

• AntoineDAntoineD Registered Users Posts: 393 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2006
    Hi & welcome here :)

Those are nice pictures thumb.gif but they are very similar: you could afford putting only one online. I'm sure there is on of them you prefer :)

And I hate you because I'm on my 12" laptop right now so I can't see the whole thing :D:D:D
    have a quick look at my portfolio (there's a photolog, too) :: (11-07-2006) experiencing a new flash portfolio. What do you think?
  • gpphotosgpphotos Registered Users Posts: 266 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2006
    obviously the noise is a problem. neat shots though, i like the backlighting. that 2nd shot would be absolutly stunning without the noise.

i'd like to see your other settings, shutter speed, camera used, ect.
  • rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2006
    LOVE them! The noise yes is a little issue...I'd really love to see these in BW...The backlighting screams BW to me....But that may be because BW pics run in my veins....lol.

I think you did really wellthumb.gif

(If you don't object I could have a go at the kind of BW conversion I was thinking of)
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso
  • Ghost_DogGhost_Dog Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited October 23, 2006
    Thanks for the feedback guys, really appreciate it. Hey Rahmonster, please feel free to do with them as you will.
    edited October 23, 2006
    By the way: you should consider posting smaller images, for those are very long to load, and hard to see. Even, on my 20" screen, it's hard to see the pictures correctly :/
    have a quick look at my portfolio (there's a photolog, too) :: (11-07-2006) experiencing a new flash portfolio. What do you think?
    edited October 23, 2006
    AntoineD wrote:
    By the way: you should consider posting smaller images, for those are very long to load, and hard to see. Even, on my 20" screen, it's hard to see the pictures correctly :/

Ya, I kinda got that from your first post, mate.
    edited October 23, 2006
    Ghost_Dog wrote:
    Ya, I kinda got that from your first post, mate.

Oh, yes, I already said that :D

So, hum, well… allright. :D
    edited October 23, 2006
    AntoineD wrote:
    Oh, yes, I already said that :D

So, hum, well… allright. :D

He He...no Worries. All good. Thanks for the feedback once again. Will post thumbs next time as I hate small pics.
  • rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2006
    Ok, here's a quick go at a BW conversion. I could see myself spending alotta time on these....Laughing.gif

I followed the basic Greg Gorman technique then dodged and burned a little round the faces....It could be better but like I said this is quick...
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso
    edited October 24, 2006
    Ghost_Dog wrote:
    He He...no Worries. All good. Thanks for the feedback once again. Will post thumbs next time as I hate small pics.

Try putting your photo in a 800 px square, thus your picture will print on almost every screen. Mine is 1680x1050 and I still cannot see entirely the black & white version :)

Thumb is an idea, though, if you really need big images :)
  • JimFuglestadJimFuglestad Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2006
    gpphotos wrote:
    obviously the noise is a problem. neat shots though, i like the backlighting. that 2nd shot would be absolutly stunning without the noise.

IMO, the noise is not obviously a problem. I don't find the noise to even be an issue at all with these.

In fact, even a grittier bw conversion could work really well with them.

Nice.

Jim
    Live with intention.
    Walk to the edge.
    Listen hard.
    Pratice wellness.
    Play with abandon.
    Laugh.
    Choose with no regrets.
    Appreciate your friends.
    Continue to learn.
    Do what you love.