#54 bite the...

ilbcnuilbcnu Registered Users Posts: 311 Major grins
edited July 1, 2010 in The Dgrin Challenges
already off and running as hubby was a willing model and daughter was a willing lightstand....
C&C please
bite the...
917109474_8QurK-L.jpg
Amanda
It is never to late to become what you might have been.
www.behindthezoom.com

Comments

• WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2010
    Good idea! His face has a red cast on my monitor. Maybe B&W?
  • kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,274 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2010
    Terrific idea...I wish I'd thought of it first! I like this a lot, but can you get a sharper focus on his eye?
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2010
    The focus seems a little soft to me as well, at the moment it appears to be on his moustache. Given the absence of bg you could probably increase the dof to get the eye as well as the bullet in focus.
    Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams
  • ilbcnuilbcnu Registered Users Posts: 311 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2010
    Thank you for the feedback! I am encountering a focus issue with new 7d...Or photographer lack of experience with 7d focusing issue...either way I agree I need to get the eyes in focus also -the group focusing seems to want his moustache /bullet or eyes brim of hatne_nau.gif spot didn't seem to be right either hmmmm good practice!!
    Amanda
    www.behindthezoom.com
    edited July 1, 2010
    new ones from tonight...not as "Clint Eastwoody" as first post
    C&C welcome!!
    919536386_fW33k-L.jpg
    919515154_dmPbn-L.jpg
    919474271_kX8Sd-L.jpg
    Amanda
    www.behindthezoom.com
  • dahn8dahn8 Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
    edited July 1, 2010
    All three of these are better than the first one in terms of sharpness :)

I prefer the first of the new ones... it has a gritty feel to the picture, which i think goes along with the cliche best. I also like the crop better on it.

Is there a way to edit the levels on that photo though? Maybe it's just me, but i feel like the right side of the face is a tad bit too hot... i catch my eyes drifting there rather than the bullet or the eyes.
    edited July 1, 2010
    Much sharper. thumb.gif
    Of the new ones I think 2 & 3 seem soft given the subject matter so I'd go with the first of them.
    The rhs of your husband's face does seem a tad bright, I would suggest playing with the levels to a) make the stetson more black than it currently is (something halfway to your original version) and b) darken the hot areas on the rhs without losing the details on the lhs.
    You could of go for a period looking full on sepia treatment.
    Peter

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams
  • kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,274 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2010
    Wow, I love #1. I really wish I'd thought of this first.
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
    edited July 1, 2010
    Thank you for all your help/replies! I used to shoot with Rebel XT-380ex fill flash mostly outoors and recently upgraded to 7d-580exII and trying it inside off camera...learning curve! Also as much as I apprectiate my willing/funny husband model he has to have the reddest skin tone I have ever seen!!
    Newest attempt

919917255_AoGzq-L.jpg
    Amanda
    www.behindthezoom.com
    edited July 1, 2010
    I reckon the new one is pretty darn good. thumb.gif
    Can I suggest you try a couple of things - don't know if they'll improve it or not.

a) make the eyes more intense (saturation & a tad of brightness).

b) make the blacks black whilst still maintaining detail (the stetson looks a big grey black on my monitor).
    Peter

Facebook Fan Page

• TLVoDraTLVoDra Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2010
    Love the most recent shot! Wow! I agree with suggestions made by Andman. Love the crop, composition, facial expression.
    Tammy~
    "In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun..." Mary Poppins
    edited July 1, 2010
    Thank you!! Put the final in the gallery and really owe it to all the help from you guys! Andman - took your last advice and finished it up, Thank you!! I am going to work on a couple of others just for fun - my husband likes the idea of being the rough bullet bitting cowboy and I can use any extra practice time!
    Amanda
    www.behindthezoom.com