High School Lacrosse

KMCCKMCC Registered Users Posts: 717 Major grins
edited March 6, 2007 in Sports
The local high school lacrosse season is in full swing here in Georgia. This sport is really starting to develop a following in the Atlanta area. Here's the Junior Varsity squad from Milton High School taking on the Tigers of Darlington H.S. from Rome, GA.

133286346-L.jpg

133635828-L.jpg

133292543-L.jpg

Kent
"Not everybody trusts paintings, but people believe photographs."- Ansel Adams
Web site

Comments

• StevenVStevenV Registered Users Posts: 1,174 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2007
  • ChrisRabiorChrisRabior Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited March 4, 2007
    I'm jealous. Lacrosse is usually limited by the weather up here, so I've still got some time to wait until the highschools and colleges around here start their seasons back up.
  • JohnEBongoJohnEBongo Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2007
    Nice color, sharpness and DOF. They seem a little wide to me. If you can, try to shoot a little tighter to isolate the action or a player or two.
  • gsgarygsgary Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2007
    Nice sharp shots but the background isn't blurred what apperture did you use
  • KMCCKMCC Registered Users Posts: 717 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2007
    JohnEBongo wrote:
    Nice color, sharpness and DOF. They seem a little wide to me. If you can, try to shoot a little tighter to isolate the action or a player or two.
    You're right. These are a little wide, but I cropped these that way on purpose. I've got plenty of tightly cropped lacrosse shots on my websites.

Kent
    Web site
  • KMCCKMCC Registered Users Posts: 717 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2007
    gsgary wrote:
    Nice sharp shots but the background isn't blurred what apperture did you use
    These were all shot at f/2.8; can't squeeze any more out of the 70-200mm :D

Kent
    Web site
  • wmstummewmstumme Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2007
    KMCC wrote:
    These were all shot at f/2.8; can't squeeze any more out of the 70-200mm :D

I'm guessing you were about 20 yards from the action at any given moment. Would a longer lens (is term "focal-length" correct?) say a 300mm or longer have shortened the DOF and increased the blur?

By the way--really nice shots. We're jealous of the weather!

PS: I like the crops. In each of the three posted above, the crop size gives perspective to the action...

Regards

Will
    Regards

Will