Options

Site Help

AperturePlusAperturePlus Registered Users Posts: 374 Major grins
edited August 17, 2014 in SmugMug Support
Please would someone help me here...

I have had my site unveiled for a while now and decided that I wanted to tinker with it a little.

In the new gallery, I have landed up with a slideshow center screen that I can't figure out how to remove. On the bar above the slideshow, there is the customise/spanner icon but no trashcan.

How do I get rid of this slideshow?

Thanks
Clive

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2014
    It sounds like you set the gallery to slideshow style. You can change the gallery style via the gallery settings > appearance or via the customize menu at the top > gallery style option.

It's not possible to remove the gallery content for a gallery. If you'd like to have a page without the default gallery content, you can just create a custom page.

If you have any further question, make sure to include a link to the gallery / page in question.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited August 7, 2014
    Thanks Sebastian. I created a custom page as you suggested and it is perfect.

I am confused about another thing... on this page there are two galleries that can be chosen: http://www.apertureplus.com/Other/Weddings/n-8jZkd

The two galleries are centered on this machine with a cinema display HD monitor (the gallery is set to stretchy). When I view it on a little tablet, the two galleries appear next to each other at times, but not centered. If I make the browser window smaller, it does stretch, but sometimes the galleries appear one above the other.

What am I doing wrong in the settings?
  • Options
    edited August 7, 2014
    Both machines are running Firefox.
  • Options
    edited August 8, 2014
    I am confused about another thing... on this page there are two galleries that can be chosen: http://www.apertureplus.com/Other/Weddings/n-8jZkd
    The link gives me your 404 page. Perhaps you moved the page or changed its custom url?
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited August 8, 2014
    Sorry - stupid of me - I did move it.

It is here
  • Options
    edited August 11, 2014
    You've set a left margin of 550 px on the galleries content block on that page. That results in the block getting pushed to the left for 550px regardless of the browser / display size you're viewing it on (the only exception are small screen devices like phones).
    That's why margins are not a good way to position elements (at least not a huge margin like used on that page) on screen as the positioning really only works on a very limited screen / browser window size.

When you have the stretchy layout selected, there's not an option to center content. That's only available for the fixed width layout setting.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited August 17, 2014
    Thanks Sebastian.