Options

Centered multiple photos

MiguelCzMiguelCz Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
edited August 29, 2015 in SmugMug Customization
Hi all!
I have a stretchy layout for my homepage and would like to have a 'Multiple photos' block centered. However it just doesn't let me, SM doesn't give the choice. 'Single photo' has the choice, Slideshow goes directly to the center, but for some reason the 'Multiple photos' block aligns to the left by default and I can't figure out how to change it.
I don't see the trick in other forums (Aaron, Sherlock...) so I'm trying here :)
I tried to just add the pictures and center them thru HTML&CSS but there are cons like they are not sensible to screen size, etc.
Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2015
    All multiple folders, photos type box/widget fill their content from the left side. The problem is the right side of the box
    does not adjust the right space in the box as it is resized.

A few thoughts of how to fix this.
    Use inner box container for thumb/images and auto adjust width of this inner content to number of thumb/images and keep it centered.
    Auto adjust box width as browser is stretched for number of thumb/images. Keep box centered.
    Auto adjust horizontal space/gap between thumb/images as browser is stretched to fill box.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    MiguelCzMiguelCz Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited August 29, 2015
    Many thanks Allen for your answer! I'm not sure I know what you mean though.
    Here's an image to give a better idea:
    http://www.miguel.cz/Other/Test/n-Bs39Gj/i-fV9Z4Tn/A
    I have a carousel that goes 100% wide, on a stretchy homepage.
    Then I add a Multiple Photos block with three photos, and it goes to the left, but I want it centered.
    I can make the homepage be 960px, non-stretchy, auto width... but that affects the carousel too, and it doesn't look that pretty as now, covering side to side.
    I can add photos 'manually' with HTML&CSS block and traditional links to images, but then they don't respond to resize, round corners, etc.
    Since Smugmug does let you center one Single Photo, but not Multiple, I might as well just create the image of the three photos in Photoshop as one image, and add it as Single Photo :D
    I just wanted to see if there was a better way to do it.