Options

Some pages fixed and some stretchy?

pbandjpbandj Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
edited August 23, 2015 in SmugMug Customization
I can't quite get the look I want. I started with the Pixie template, which has a fixed width design. I like that look on my home page and folders page (and a few other pages I will be developing which are primarily text).

However, my galleries will primarily be in smugmug style, and I really need those to be stretchy (fill the available width).

I have a common header (title and menu) and footer that are on the "Entire Site". My problem is that I can't find a way to make the "galleries" page stretchy without making "Entire Site" stretchy. That sort of works...and I can go to my folders page and other pages and make them fixed width, but the shared items (title/menu, for example) still stretch. So those pages don't look quite as nice. I could make each page custom, but that would involve recreating the menu on every page.

Does anybody know of an easy way to accomplish this? I haven't published my new site yet so I've attached a couple of screen shots below.

Here's what I'd like:
smugmug_fixed.jpg

And here's what I end up with if I make "Entire Site" stretchy, which I've done in order to get the galleries page stretchy (note the Title & menu way off to the sides). I didn't bother to put margins on them...but that's not really the issue...
smugmug_stretchy.jpg

I can live with it, but was hoping for a better solution...

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,238 moderator
    edited August 23, 2015
    I did the same thing; my site is stretchy but I made the kaleidoscope and about pages fixed. I left the logo and menu the same on all pages. I prefer to see those items on the same place on every page even if the content of the page is sometimes stretchy and sometimes fixed. When someone is reaching to click a menu item I like it to remain fixed.

--- Denise
  • Options
    pbandjpbandj Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2015
    I did the same thing; my site is stretchy but I made the kaleidoscope and about pages fixed. I left the logo and menu the same on all pages. I prefer to see those items on the same place on every page even if the content of the page is sometimes stretchy and sometimes fixed. When someone is reaching to click a menu item I like it to remain fixed.

--- Denise

Thanks Denise, that's a good point; I guess I'll just go with that and move on.