Options

Dropping a Photo from Multiple Display Images that I chose

vdotmatrixvdotmatrix Registered Users Posts: 343 Major grins
edited March 20, 2014 in SmugMug Support
Is there a way to drop one of the 9 images I chose to display or do I have to "re-select" them all over again?

thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,010 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2014
    vdotmatrix wrote: »
    Is there a way to drop one of the 9 images I chose to display or do I have to "re-select" them all over again?

thanks in advance
    If you used "items | choose" you have to reselect in the order you want but you can start anywhere.

I open it in 2nd browser window and use that as example when selecting so I can remember what was
    there is the first place.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2014
    Allen wrote: »
    If you used "items | choose" you have to reselect in the order you want but you can start anywhere.

I open it in 2nd browser window and use that as example when selecting so I can remember what was
    there is the first place.

Thank you Allen........thank you
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2014
    Actually, you can remove any photo from your selection without having to reselect the others. What you cannot do, rearrange already selected items without deselecting / reselecting.

To remove any item from your selection, click on the number of selected items (not the X next to that). That should open up the selection screen, where you can click on the "selected" button in the upper right to bring up your current selection. There you can deselect any item and save the changes.

That also allows you to deselect all items and reselect them in a different order without having to browse through your whole site to locate the items in question again. The key to reordering, is to deselect each of the items before selecting them again.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2014
    Actually, you can remove any photo from your selection without having to reselect the others. What you cannot do, rearrange already selected items without deselecting / reselecting.

To remove any item from your selection, click on the number of selected items (not the X next to that). That should open up the selection screen, where you can click on the "selected" button in the upper right to bring up your current selection. There you can deselect any item and save the changes.

That also allows you to deselect all items and reselect them in a different order without having to browse through your whole site to locate the items in question again. The key to reordering, is to deselect each of the items before selecting them again.
    Oh Yes!!!!!

That worked very well!!!!

Some of the things in NSM are very CLUNKY but you just have to get use to how it all works together.....
    (a small for instance the Organize button.....to work on something you have to select it in Organize then click done -then it is the "selected" gallery, page or folder once you emerge....they should clall it something else...

THANKs to everyone for making me smarter and sharing your knowledge!!!!!