Options

Lightroom plugin - How does it work

ConsiglieriConsiglieri Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
edited March 19, 2014 in SmugMug Support
Hi
I have Lightroom 5 and am using the smugmug plugin. But I am unsure exactly how it works. If I make adjustments to a photo will it auto sync with smugmug or do I have to "publish" for it to sync? Is there a badge or something that can tell me if a particular photo is in smugmug or do I have to look in the smugmug folder structure to see if it is?

As you can tell by my questions I am a complete newbie with lightroom and the plugin.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    AperturePlusAperturePlus Registered Users Posts: 374 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2014
    When you make a correction to an image that has been published before, in that gallery, it will appear as 'modified'. When you click 'publish' it will replace the existing shot on SM with the new image.

Depending on your settings, if you have metadata as a trigger, when you change, for instance, a keyword, the same thing will happen. The plugin is intelligent enough to know that the image has not been changed, just the metadata and it will only upload the metadata.
  • Options
    edited March 19, 2014
    When you make a correction to an image that has been published before, in that gallery, it will appear as 'modified'. When you click 'publish' it will replace the existing shot on SM with the new image.

Depending on your settings, if you have metadata as a trigger, when you change, for instance, a keyword, the same thing will happen. The plugin is intelligent enough to know that the image has not been changed, just the metadata and it will only upload the metadata.

Ok, but I have to press "publish", it will not sync automatically then?
  • Options
    edited March 19, 2014
    No - there are times that you might not want to publish images that are marked as 'modified', so it expects you to manually publish.

Incidentally, if something gets flagged to republish and you don't want to, you can right click on the image and select "mark as up to date".
  • Options
    edited March 19, 2014
    Great! Thanks for the info, I now have a better understanding of how it works,
    No - there are times that you might not want to publish images that are marked as 'modified', so it expects you to manually publish.

Incidentally, if something gets flagged to republish and you don't want to, you can right click on the image and select "mark as up to date".
  • Options
    edited March 19, 2014
    It's a brilliant little piece of code and the author Devbobo is very active here. If you have any hassles, he is the Guru!