Options

How Do I designate another page as the homepage

vdotmatrixvdotmatrix Registered Users Posts: 343 Major grins
edited March 21, 2014 in SmugMug Support
I have been working on different ideas for the homepage and the first home page I started with was a disaster and the page I have been working on didn't start out as THE homepage, but now I want to call that the home page...

I just went to the NAV bar and thought I could just change the URL but there wasn't an option....

I know this is basic...

Comments

• Options
    mrneutronmrneutron Registered Users Posts: 214 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2014
    You should be able to change the home link. Click customize>customize site>entire site. Then click the wrench icon over the menu bar. Click the home link and select 'page I choose'.
    http://www.screencast.com/t/yWeXh17xK
    That won't set the page as the default landing page when you go to your site. it will just change the home button page. You'll have to add the items from the page you created to your homepage.
    Andy K
    SmugMug Support Hero
    help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2014
    mrneutron wrote: »
    You should be able to change the home link. Click customize>customize site>entire site. Then click the wrench icon over the menu bar. Click the home link and select 'page I choose'.
    http://www.screencast.com/t/yWeXh17xK
    That won't set the page as the default landing page when you go to your site. it will just change the home button page. You'll have to add the items from the page you created to your homepage.

Wow you were able to actually look at it!!!

thanks
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2014
    Is there anyway to cut and paste one element from one page to what is suppose to be the HOMEPAGE?
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2014
    vdotmatrix wrote: »
    Is there anyway to cut and paste one element from one page to what is suppose to be the HOMEPAGE?
    What type of element?

For a html widget I copy the html and CSS to notepad then paste in new html box on other page.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited March 21, 2014

just any block...
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2014
    just any block...
    Content blocks are specific to the section of the site you're on and cannot be copied to another section or page. You could only recreate the content blocks from scratch on your other page.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited March 21, 2014
    Content blocks are specific to the section of the site you're on and cannot be copied to another section or page. You could only recreate the content blocks from scratch on your other page.

This was a lot easier to do than I thought.....Since I was moving an entire folder, the NSM allow formatting of the entire thing once it is place. The pages were a differnt story but that work was done a few days ago....yjaml again