Adobe Clean Script?

PoseidonPoseidon Registered Users Posts: 504 Major grins
edited June 23, 2007 in Digital Darkroom
Help oh Titans of the Mac World! I downloaded a copy of CS3 Public Beta, and found it wonderful! Once my trial version expired, I took all the CS3 Icons out of my "applications" folder, and drug them to the trash can. (I found out later that there was an uninstall option.) Anyway.... The trash has long since been emptied, and my copy of CS3 upgrade has finally arrived, ( :clap ) and now I am faced with an error message that I have a conflict.... I can't unistall CS3 because the icons are gone, and I don't enough about Mac's to go look for it, and I am scared about this warning from Adobe regarding the Clean Script:
WARNING: Before running the CS3Clean Script, it is critical that you back up your hard drive including all data, content, and applications. Failure to do so, and failure to follow the instructions included with the script, could result loss of the contents of your hard drive.

So I am copying all my personal folders/documents/etc to a second drive in my MacPro, but I am still hesitant as heck to use that script! Has anyone else used it? What was the result? Is Adobe just doing a CYA with that warning, or has someone really wiped out their HD?

Please re-assure me oh Titans of the Apple world, for I am still a noobie in this glorious land!

Thanks!
Mike
Mike LaPorte
Perfect Pix

Comments

• PoseidonPoseidon Registered Users Posts: 504 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2007
    Well after backing up the pictures and all the documents, it was a non-issue. Everything went very well, and I am up and running on CS3!

For those that are wondering CS3 is WAY faster then CS2, especially on a MacPro!
    Mike LaPorte
    Perfect Pix
  • dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2007
    Poseidon wrote:
    Well after backing up the pictures and all the documents, it was a non-issue. Everything went very well, and I am up and running on CS3!

For those that are wondering CS3 is WAY faster then CS2, especially on a MacPro!

Don't know about a Mac, but I ran the clean-script on a PC. Didn't actually clean everything (didn't mess up anything either). It wasn't until Adobe released the updates to CS3 that it all worked as it should. But again, that's on a PC. Glad it all worked for you-- CS3 is a huge improvement over CS2 in my mind-- the ACR alone is worth it.

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+