Options

What does 404 mean?

Butterfly2011Butterfly2011 Registered Users Posts: 269 Major grins
edited October 20, 2016 in SmugMug Support
Hello!
When you click on "My Story" up in the url box it shows link then 404. How can I fix this?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2016
    This is the real link to it. You are missing the full path.
    http://www.soulbeautyphotography.com/Other/MyStory/
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited October 18, 2016
    BTW, your top image is huge, I did not realize there was web page below your menu.
  • Options
    edited October 18, 2016
    Allen wrote: »
    This is the real link to it. You are missing the full path.
    http://www.soulbeautyphotography.com/Other/MyStory/

I tried this & it takes all my font out & shows some random photo's from my (Other folder in organize)
    Not sure why....
  • Options
    edited October 18, 2016
    I tried this & it takes all my font out & shows some random photo's from my (Other folder in organize)
    Not sure why....

• Options
    leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited October 19, 2016
    When you use the "Menu Content Block" I would recommend switching the "Link To" setting away from "Custom URL" and instead use "Page I Choose". A new option will appear below it to select the a page already on smugmug. This makes it so that you don't have to enter the URL and will automatically pull in the correct links for the Folder, Gallery, or Page you select. I've gone ahead and done this for you, and linked it to your "Other/My Story" gallery.

The "My Story" gallery in your "Other" folder is a gallery with a few photos in it. Let us know if you need help building your My Story page.
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • Options
    edited October 19, 2016
    leftquark wrote: »
    When you use the "Menu Content Block" I would recommend switching the "Link To" setting away from "Custom URL" and instead use "Page I Choose". A new option will appear below it to select the a page already on smugmug. This makes it so that you don't have to enter the URL and will automatically pull in the correct links for the Folder, Gallery, or Page you select. I've gone ahead and done this for you, and linked it to your "Other/My Story" gallery.

The "My Story" gallery in your "Other" folder is a gallery with a few photos in it. Let us know if you need help building your My Story page.

OK Thank you. Is there a way I can copy & paste what I had in "My Story"?? Since it's gone.
  • Options
    leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited October 19, 2016
    OK Thank you. Is there a way I can copy & paste what I had in "My Story"?? Since it's gone.

Do you have "My Story" somewhere else? Where was it before? Did it get deleted somehow?
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • Options
    edited October 20, 2016
    BTW, your top image is huge, I did not realize there was web page below your menu.

I had to rewrite "My Story" I only want it on that page. Now its on every page in my menu. How do I remove this on all those pages???
  • Options
    edited October 20, 2016
    I had to rewrite "My Story" I only want it on that page. Now its on every page in my menu. How do I remove this on all those pages???
    "... I only want it on that page ..." meaning you only want the huge photo on "My Story" page?
  • Options
    edited October 20, 2016
    This added to your entire site CSS will show it only on the My Story page.

/* hide logo everywhere */
    .sm-page-widget-1764597 {display:none}
    /* show logo on only My Story page */
    .sm-page-node-2w4Xp .sm-page-widget-1764597 {display:block}
  • Options
    edited October 20, 2016
    This added to your entire site CSS will show it only on the My Story page.

/* hide logo everywhere */
    .sm-page-widget-1764597 {display:none}
    /* show logo on only My Story page */
    .sm-page-node-2w4Xp .sm-page-widget-1764597 {display:block}

No, I'm sorry...I want to keep everything in "My Story", (there is wording & 3 photos) but the wording is showing up under all other pages as well, which I do not want.
  • Options
    edited October 20, 2016
    No, I'm sorry...I want to keep everything in "My Story", (there is wording & 3 photos) but the wording is showing up under all other pages as well, which I do not want.
    First, what type of page is it, page, gallery or folder? What type of box/widget did you put the
    photos/wording in? If a gallery, what style is it, journal?

To me it looks like you added a text box to the left of a journal style gallery. Did you make the "gallery"
    "just this gallery" before adding the text box? If not, the text box will show on every gallery.

Anyway, whatever you did, if it shows on every page "just this ..." wasn't toggled first.