Options

where did the share button go?

everydaymemorieseverydaymemories Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
edited October 21, 2016 in SmugMug Support
The share button disappeared. I've searched through the new drop down Tools menu and everywhere else on a couple of my gallery pages and can't find the share button anymore. I've checked my gallery customization and it's set to allow external linking. Are we going to get the share button back, or how do we get those handy links to individual photo sizes and each gallery?
Michele
michelekendzie.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2008
    It's the "easy sharing" feature in the customize gallery screen that controls the share button. Some people accidentally hide the share button with their site customizations too. If you want to share a link to your site, I can take a look at why the share button isn't showing.

store-photos-online-6-2.gif
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    everydaymemorieseverydaymemories Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
    edited November 2, 2008
    Silly me. There it is. I guess I need to get to bed! Thank you for your help!
    Michele
    michelekendzie.smugmug.com
  • Options
    SnappercartierSnappercartier Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited October 21, 2016
    I have the same problem. Some of my galleries in my soon-to-be new website have share icons and some do not when all the settings are the same. Presumably things have changed since the example you have shown from 2008, and I can't see an "easy sharing" panel looking like the one you posted. Please can you help me track down why I have missing links?
  • Options
    SnappercartierSnappercartier Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited October 21, 2016
    I have the same problem. Some of my galleries in my soon-to-be new website have share icons and some do not when all the settings are the same. Presumably things have changed since the example you have shown from 2008, and I can't see an "easy sharing" panel looking like the one you posted. Please can you help me track down why I have missing links?
    I can answer my own question. It's when the image in a gallery is designated as 'hidden', and that image is the first to appear in the gallery. I am new to Smugmug.