Options

Error message when trying to rearrange gallery

YoPawnYoPawn Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
edited October 16, 2016 in SmugMug Support
Anyone else getting this error message when trying to change the order of photos in a gallery? I want to move some images around, but this keeps blocking me.

"Ack! An error occurred while saving the new sort order. Organizer needs to refresh itself to try to shake out the bugs."

Comments

• Options
    edited October 15, 2016
    I take it I am the only one with this problem? I would think there would be many frustrated people posting about it if it was more widespread. If you could check that you can reorder the images in your galleries please let me know!
  • Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,453 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2016
    YoPawn wrote: »
    I take it I am the only one with this problem? I would think there would be many frustrated people posting about it if it was more widespread. If you could check that you can reorder the images in your galleries please let me know!

No issues here. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,238 moderator
    edited October 16, 2016
    I haven't seen the error either.

Just curious, how is the SORT BY set in the gallery settings? And what is the sort setting in Organizer?
    This doesn't sound like a browser-specific error, but just in case have you tried clearing the browser cache? Or trying a different browser?

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited October 16, 2016
    OK, thanks for testing that out for me. I went on a browser cleanup rampage and found that removing the cookies and then allowing for 3rd party cookies has cleared the issue from Firefox. The browser cache clearing did not solve the issue.

I've been having many other issues with Firefox 49, so I might have to just wipe the whole thing clean from my system and setup everything from scratch again to wash out any Gremlins I might have in there.

Second thought, I might have to use fire instead of water. Water isn't good for Gremlins. :D

Thanks again guys!