1080ladiesandgents.jpg

1080lady002.jpg

1080wolf.jpg

Paul.

Link to my personal website: http://www.pauliddon.co.uk

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2014
    Great set!! Getting whole lot close! Are you using extension tubes too? Do you use plate for flash or just regular flash directly in camera hot shoe? Thanks!
  • Paul IddonPaul Iddon Registered Users Posts: 5,129 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2014
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    Great set!! Getting whole lot close! Are you using extension tubes too? Do you use plate for flash or just regular flash directly in camera hot shoe? Thanks!

I used tubes on the Erastalis pertinax headshot, but I think all the rest were just the Canon 100mm macro lens on it's own, and cropped in to provide the best composition.

Where flash was used, that was a diffused Yongnuo 560 MkII with a trigger on the camera and the flash held over the subject in my left hand whilst controlling the tripod mounted camera with my right hand.

Paul.

Link to my personal website: http://www.pauliddon.co.uk

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2014
    Paul Iddon wrote: »
    I used tubes on the Erastalis pertinax headshot, but I think all the rest were just the Canon 100mm macro lens on it's own, and cropped in to provide the best composition.

Where flash was used, that was a diffused Yongnuo 560 MkII with a trigger on the camera and the flash held over the subject in my left hand whilst controlling the tripod mounted camera with my right hand.

Paul.

Thanks Paul! Much appreciate the info/help! That is one good thing about being able to this with Tripod, one can control flash without having flat-panels etc., and get stability too. For me for all the macro shots so far, can't imagine being able to use-tripod at all. Specially bee shots, they were flying around and weren't waiting to pose. Flowers are probably more suited for that endeavor. Not sure how you guys are getting all kind of bugs with tripod. Great job anyway! Something to continue to aim towards! Cheers!