edited May 8, 2013 in Other Cool Shots
A 3 season Nap in progress :D

OldManWinter_NetWM_0681-X3.jpg
Michael

Comments

• Options
    R.JayR.Jay Registered Users Posts: 974 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2013
    Hi Michael, Very interesting shot clap.gif What on earth were you photographing? I can see two faces, one above the other.

Cheers, Richard.
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2013
    That's quite an arresting image, Michael. Honestly, at first glance, it seemed real " busy " to me and I didn't hang around too long. Thankfully, I have gone back to it a couple of times....during which I've come to really like this work. I found myself scanning the whole scene very carefully....making sure I didn't miss something. For an image to hold one's interest long enough to allow for such scrutiny speaks very well for this shot. Good job, buddy.thumb.gif

Take care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2013
    R.Jay wrote: »
    Hi Michael, Very interesting shot clap.gif What on earth were you photographing? I can see two faces, one above the other.

Cheers, Richard.

my thought exactly.
  • Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2013
    R.Jay wrote: »

Cheers, Richard.
    :D Thanks for stopping by and commenting your delight Richard, its from part of an old junk truck.
    The various figures or faces that lightly or strongly suggest themselves are most times very curious. Often unique :D Cool your into it thumb.gif
    Michael
  • Options
    edited May 6, 2013
    joshhuntnm wrote: »
    my thought exactly.
    :D Hey Josh. Appreciate your feedback. Thanks :D Nice this result caught your eye and curiosity.
    Michael
  • Options
    edited May 6, 2013
    That's quite an arresting image, Michael. Honestly, at first glance, it seemed real " busy " to me and I didn't hang around too long. Thankfully, I have gone back to it a couple of times....during which I've come to really like this work. I found myself scanning the whole scene very carefully....making sure I didn't miss something. For an image to hold one's interest long enough to allow for such scrutiny speaks very well for this shot. Good job, buddy.thumb.gif

Take care,

Tom
    Tom, thanks for describing your consideration timeline and what it contained. High value ticket. You would know that is important to anyone with a result that plays like this one attempts to do with every piece of itself carefully worked out. Reminds me of a concept car displayed before a hopefully widely accepting audience on opening day. :D Meeting with approval from whats offered always the goal in all that hard work and vision.
    Achieving it a blessing.
    Michael
  • Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2013
    That's really imaginative and colorful Michael - another nice abstract.
    I see the faces of course - but I also see, at the bottom, an ancient fertility symbol... so, something for everybody!
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2013
    Michael! thumb.gif superb rendition of abstract facialness! :D

clap.gif

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,918 moderator
    edited May 6, 2013
    Good one, Michael. Nice color scheme and putting the reflection axis off-center was a smart move. thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited May 8, 2013
    Earache wrote: »
    That's really imaginative and colorful Michael - another nice abstract.
    I see the faces of course - but I also see, at the bottom, an ancient fertility symbol... so, something for everybody!
    Thanks for saying Eric :D We are working our hardest to find and develop nice ones. Our lilacs came and went in like 2 days so another opportunity had to be found and quick rolleyes1.gifThat opportunity really panned out for me for abstracts of variety.
    Michael
  • Options
    edited May 8, 2013
    DonRicklin wrote: »
    Michael! thumb.gif superb rendition of abstract facialness! :D

clap.gif

Don
    And we have rust and whimsy to thank for it :ivar I am delighted this one hits the spot for you :D My thanks for letting me know Don. Very nice to have your feedback thumb.gif
    Michael
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2013
    Well done Michael. It almost looks like a kaleidoscope!
  • Options
    edited May 8, 2013
    Richard wrote: »
    Good one, Michael. Nice color scheme and putting the reflection axis off-center was a smart move. thumb.gif
    :D Pretty much every trick I know, all the simple ones anyway, went into it. I clearly remember the day I learned the lesson that carries this works success
    over the goal line. How not to over use it is squarely on the table. Thats a toughy.
    The color scheme as you know could have been many things and was on the way here. What I think I am coming across is that the pixels and what ever they hold guides to specific "right" landing spots for overall appearance to most every detail in it. Its actually amazing to watch it unfold as the adjustments are made. One spot immediately says "what are you thinking?" and the next says "the pixels play here" for what you put in. Know what I mean? headscratch.gif:D
    Michael
  • Options
    edited May 8, 2013
    Juano wrote: »
    Well done Michael. It almost looks like a kaleidoscope!

Hey Cristóbal :D Thanks for stopping by and posting your thoughts. Very nice the work is charming you too. Thats pretty cool! Couldn't ask for more than that thumb.gif Kaleidoscope. Almost yes, but it is easily a launch pad for one or more than one. The originals for this would split up nicely for kaleidoscope. I hear there is software out there that will produce them easily. By hand like this not so easy but I have seen it done by hand very effectively. One person that produces those is local. Had no idea the extent of his work till recently. Serious quality artist that fellow. I will be trying them once I figure how to prep :D
    Michael