Options

Goldendoodle and the puppy

rpcrowerpcrowe Registered Users Posts: 733 Major grins
edited May 11, 2013 in Other Cool Shots
Zack is a 14 week old terrier mix foster puppy and Holly is our five-year old Goldendoodle. Holly loves puppies and becomes their surrogate mom after the puppies mother weans them and no longer has interest in them. Holly is gentle, even when a puppy is rambunctious...
Holly%20and%20Zack_0642-L.jpg
Holly%20and%20Zack_0634-L.jpg
Holly%20and%20Zack_0661-L.jpg
Holly%20and%20Zack_0663-L.jpg
Holly%20and%20Zack_0665-L.jpg
One of the reasons I shot this series is that I think Holly's interaction with puppies is wonderful.
Secondly, I wanted to show some friends on my doodlekisses.com site that you don't need an excessively expensive flash to get good pictures. These were shot with my old 420EX flash which I have had for over ten years; bounced and modified with my trusty Joe Demb Flash Diffuser Pro. The 420EX sells used on eBay for between $80 and $90 U.S. Dollars. Although it doesn't have master capability or manual exposure capability; it is a very capable flash which is E-TTL capable and has high speed sync plus slave capablity.
Additionally, except for the quantum less capable Canon 270EX; the 420EX is the lightest of the Canon line of E-TTL flashes designed for SLR use...

Comments

• Options
    PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2013
    Howdy,

What a great looking pup Holly is and the new little one is equally
    cute So neat that Holly takes care of them and Mothers them
    comforting them and protecting them.

Another great series of images, Very nicely done !!!
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2013
    Really nice series of shots. They all brought a smile to my face. Hope the pup finds a forever home soon.
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited May 9, 2013
    very cute

I so want to make a few jokes about these poses but to do so might brand me a pervert rather than the pups!!! lol3.gif

• Options
    VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2013
    aww you put a smile on my face !!
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700