WernerGWernerG Registered Users Posts: 534 Major grins
edited May 3, 2013 in Other Cool Shots
Stromness, the Orkney Islands, Scotland

_DSC4378-Edit-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    RidgetopRidgetop Registered Users Posts: 214 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2013
    I really like this. The shadow splitting the frame and the curtains splitting the window in the same direction are pretty cool. Love the textures too.
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2013
    Very interesting composition, Werner. The B&W option was a good choice. Well done.thumb.gif

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2013
    Nice one Werner... I like the points mentioned by others and the view into the window/room.
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    edited May 1, 2013
    Thank you all for your comments. Stromness is a picture perfect little town in the Orkneys, with lots of little alleys and old stone buildings just built for photography.
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2013
    Really like the texture in this. Add in the angled shadow and the window .. it's a great photo in my opinion thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited May 3, 2013
    Thank you Mary, I wish I could say I planned the shot but it didn't happen that way. Just walking back to the car from having lunch. It's nice to be lucky once in a while.

Here is a view of the main street in Stromness
    _DSC4380-Edit-2-XL.jpg

The street is wet and sun is out. The 20th shower of the morning had just past by. :D
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2013
    I like this one too. Water on the sidewalks add another texture to the photo. I've found that photos of opportunity are usually better then the ones I plan out :D
  • Options
    Otto FocusOtto Focus Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited May 3, 2013
    Wow!