If anyone has a shootout in KC, I want to monitor the BBQ Ribs Dinner :Deal

Comments

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator
    edited January 24, 2006
    Wednesday, Jan. 25th meetup
    Andy wrote:
    If anyone has a shootout in KC, I want to monitor the BBQ Ribs Dinner :Deal

No BBQ here, Andy.

Nick (gluwater) and I are getting together to shoot whatever flies by at Fullersburg Woods in Oakbrook, IL., at 9am, wednesday Jan. 25th.

Nick wants to give his new lens and TC a workout. And I'd like to test those millimeters too, before I buy one. I also need to get some fresh air and get in some frames before January becomes my worst frame count month ever.

Anyone interested in joining us should PM either myself or Nick.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2006
    i'm up for it. if anyones in Kansas or Missouri and wants to shoot up KC, MO some day me and the pops would be glad to give you guys the tourthumb.gif

just shoot me a PM
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

• gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2006
    Hey DanielB have you ever been to or heard of Bennett Springs? I've gone there the last 3 years for the trout fishing and am going again this June. It's a nice natural spring but photo wise the trout fisherman can get in the way at times. I'm going to try to get some hiking in this year and get some landscapes.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
    edited April 17, 2006
    gluwater wrote:
    Hey DanielB have you ever been to or heard of Bennett Springs? I've gone there the last 3 years for the trout fishing and am going again this June. It's a nice natural spring but photo wise the trout fisherman can get in the way at times. I'm going to try to get some hiking in this year and get some landscapes.

Oooo straping on the weighters and wadeing into the water to take some photos might be fun....mwink.gif i love flyfishing....

P.S- Andy, my offer still stands.
    Daniel Bauer

edited April 17, 2006
    DanielB wrote:
    Oooo straping on the weighters and wadeing into the water to take some photos might be fun....mwink.gif i love flyfishing....

P.S- Andy, my offer still stands.

I'll be there from Sat June 3rd to Tues June 6th. If your interested let me know. I'll mostly be fly fishing but want to get some photography in also. There are rooms you can rent in the park but they are probably all filled but there are a couple motels close by that probably have rooms still available. We made reservations in Feb for next year in June for a room in the park and all the cabins were already filled.
    Nick
    nickwphoto
  • cabbeycabbey Registered Users Posts: 1,053 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2007
    St. Paul Winter Carnival?
    Any dgrinners planning to attend/shoot the winter carnival this year?
    SmugMug Sorcerer - Engineering Team Champion for Commerce, Finance, Security, and Data Support
    http://wall-art.smugmug.com/
  • Duckys54Duckys54 Registered Users Posts: 273 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2007
    I may go, but probably to see a friends band and just for the memories.
    I am Trevor and I have upgraded:
    Canon 40D
    Canon EF-S 17-85 IS

http://www.flickr.com/trevaftw
  • ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2007
    Hey anyone wanna do an August meetup in Northwest Indiana?
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,694 moderator
    edited July 24, 2007
    Shima - PM gluwater - He might be interested.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
    edited July 27, 2007
    What did you have in mind? I've got Lollapalooza the 3rd through the 5th and an out of town wedding the 17th through 19th. But other than that I'm free. Drop me a PM if your still interested.
    Nick
    nickwphoto
  • Duckys54Duckys54 Registered Users Posts: 273 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2007
    August 7-12th in Burnsville,MN we're having our annual firemuster and this year we're hosting the national SPAAMFA convention (Society for the Preservation and Appreciation of Antique Motorized Fire Apparatus). That 4,000 member organization is bringing their annual meeting to Burnsville.

more info: http://www.burnsvillefiremuster.com/

I am Trevor and I have upgraded:
    Canon 40D
    Canon EF-S 17-85 IS

http://www.flickr.com/trevaftw
  • jnash67jnash67 Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited February 4, 2008
    Quad Cities
    I live in Rock Island, IL. Which is one city that makes up the Quad Cities. Davenport and Bettendorf, IA, and Moline, IL are the other 3. The Mississippi splits the 4 towns down the middle.
    Also just bought a Canon 40D, my first DSLR! It has the 17-85 IS lens. I am looking for a good zoom in the 70~-300mm range. Any suggestions?

If any of you are from my area, let me know, we can get together and have some fun shooting the area up!
    edited April 23, 2008
    Our poor midwest thread has been quiet for a little while it seems...

...so anyone interested in doing something?
  • stuffjunkiestuffjunkie Registered Users Posts: 156 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2008
    I'm up.

I took the long way home from work today. Everything is greening up here in Chicagoland, I can hear the frogs (jus't can't see'em). We ought to have flowers and critters galore pretty soon.
    edited April 30, 2008
    So what do you two suggest? I'm just about always down for a meetup. I'll keep an eye on this thread, or you can always PM me.
    Nick
    nickwphoto
  • Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2008
    My big mouth has me in Chicago for a trade show (near the airport) June 10 & 11. If said big mouth doesn't get me fired before then, and I wrangle the day before and after - you up to shooting with me, Wrzesinski????
    Of course, I'd love to meet others too!

amm
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2008
    Shima wrote:
    Our poor midwest thread has been quiet for a little while it seems...

...so anyone interested in doing something?

I for one never new this thread existed...but yes we have and we invited any and all to join us this past weekend in MANHATTAN ........Ks that is / was for a saturday shoot out.....as it was, there was myslf and swintophoto (Jonathon Swinton from Manhattan), CSwinton (Cameron Swinton from KC) and Jonathon's friend from the KC area also......We procarastenated this for months and then just stamped a date and that was it......
    It was a great, even if small group and had a ton o' fun.....if there had been more of us in one group running amuck in Manhattan it might have had adverse effects on that small college town........we decided to do it agin...and also probably will do KC, Lawrence and possibly Wichita if I can find any thing interesting to shoot.....Wichita and Sedgwich county do not have the vistas of the eastern towns like Manhattan, Lawrence (Flint Hill areas) and so forth......here it really is flat as a pancake and some geologist from WSU had proven it sometime agao......:D

So yeah the Midwest has been sorta busy......maybe next time we will have others from other parts of the Midwest...............
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

edited April 30, 2008
    I'm up.
    gluwater wrote:
    I'm just about always down for a meetup. I'll keep an eye on this thread, or you can always PM me.
    Ann McRae wrote:
    My big mouth has me in Chicago for a trade show (near the airport) June 10 & 11. If said big mouth doesn't get me fired before then, and I wrangle the day before and after - you up to shooting with me, Wrzesinski????

+1. In. thumb.gif
    My Smugmug
    edited April 30, 2008
    Ann McRae wrote:

amm
    Ann!!!!!!! I work during the day but I'll see what I can pull off. You even spelled my name correctly. There's only a handfull of people that can do that. Keep me up to date on when you'll be here and when you're available. I'll make sure we get together sometime. By the airport I'm assuming you mean O'Hare?
    Nick
    nickwphoto
    edited April 30, 2008
    Hi Nick and David (and others)

The trade sh0ow is at teh convention center in Rosemont, I believe right by O'Hare. Looks like exhibit hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. the Tuesday and Wednesday. Right now I am not sure of my whole itinerary - likely to visit a customer in Pittsburg too. Know I am at a soccer tournament in Saskatoon the weekend before, so expect to fly to out Monday. Will keep you posted as plans are made.

+1. In. thumb.gif
    gluwater wrote:
    Ann!!!!!!! I work during the day but I'll see what I can pull off. You even spelled my name correctly. There's only a handfull of people that can do that. Keep me up to date on when you'll be here and when you're available. I'll make sure we get together sometime. By the airport I'm assuming you mean O'Hare?
    edited April 30, 2008
    Art Scott wrote:
    So yeah the Midwest has been sorta busy...

thats a lie. its never busy in kansas.

oh btw, i know i missed out on the most recent kansas shootout but i'm always down for meeting up on the weekends or something. i have a car now and will drive for shots lol. hit me up with a PM and we'll work something out!
    Daniel Bauer

• stuffjunkiestuffjunkie Registered Users Posts: 156 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2008
    I put a mark on my calendar to check back on this thread ...

I'm up for goin' shootin', could use the practice I know, heard we might be havin visitors from out of town, be a shame not to at least say hello.

ideas?
    Hmmm,
    Tall ships in Chicago and fireworks Wednesdays & Saturday eves
    Somethings probably growing in the local forest preserves by now
    Anyone try to shoot planes landing at O'hare and not get arrested? (I'm kidding):D
    Adler Planetaruium grounds (see about getting thrown out... :-)

There's always more...It's Chicago...
    edited June 3, 2008
    I put a mark on my calendar to check back on this thread ...

I'm up for goin' shootin', could use the practice I know, heard we might be havin visitors from out of town, be a shame not to at least say hello.

ideas?
    Hmmm,
    Tall ships in Chicago and fireworks Wednesdays & Saturday eves
    Somethings probably growing in the local forest preserves by now
    Anyone try to shoot planes landing at O'hare and not get arrested? (I'm kidding):D
    Adler Planetaruium grounds (see about getting thrown out... :-)

There's always more...It's Chicago...
    I'm not quite sure what's gonig on yet when Ann comes to visit but if it's anything interesting we'll let you know.

What kind of stuff do you like to shoot?
    Nick
    nickwphoto
    edited June 4, 2008
    Something is coming together. Will know more in a few days. I carved out some time from work already - I think - if they honor the request calendar. rolleyes1.gif
    My Smugmug
  • TdcomptonTdcompton Registered Users Posts: 212 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2008
    I'd really like to go shoot in Chicago, but the price of gas is a problem!
    edited June 5, 2008
    Tdcompton wrote:
    I'd really like to go shoot in Chicago, but the price of gas is a problem!

Hey, the more, the merrier! Gas is high right now. Your avatar pic suggests a transportation alternative to the price of driving.
    My Smugmug
    edited June 8, 2008
    gluwater wrote:
    I'm not quite sure what's gonig on yet when Ann comes to visit but if it's anything interesting we'll let you know.

What kind of stuff do you like to shoot?

We could all go to Shedd and shoot the fishies? Or go to Brookfield and shoot the animals?

Does Chicago have any botanical gardens? There's another option.

Just spewing off ideas here.
    edited June 8, 2008
    Shima wrote:
    We could all go to Shedd and shoot the fishies? Or go to Brookfield and shoot the animals?

Does Chicago have any botanical gardens? There's another option.

Just spewing off ideas here.
    All the above sound good. I live a couple minutes from the Brookfield Zoo. I haven't been to the Shedd in years and I've never been to the Chicago Botanical Gardens.
    Nick
    nickwphoto
    edited June 8, 2008
    gluwater wrote:
    All the above sound good. I live a couple minutes from the Brookfield Zoo. I haven't been to the Shedd in years and I've never been to the Chicago Botanical Gardens.

Nick

I will leave all of the final arrangements to you, David and the gang. I go to the airport at 4:30 a.m. tomorrow and will not have internet access after that. It all sounds great, and I am really looking forward to shooting Chicago!

ann
    edited June 8, 2008
    gluwater wrote:

The last time I went to Brookfield was in 2007, about a year ago I believe.
    The Shedd was a couple of years ago.

And it's a *never* as well for the Chicago Botanical Garden.

I've been really wanting to purchase a Canon 100mm f2.8 Macro... if we do decide to go to the Botanical Gardens for a photo shoot... I'd really like to have purchased that first. I should be able to afford it a little later this summer after my next few weddings. Almost done paying off my 40D :)

Otherwise I'm game for anything. I am only about an hours drive from Chicago, so I am not opposed to heading out there more than once as well :)