Options

Grassland Critters

StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
edited December 14, 2014 in Wildlife
Didn't get light that was predicted so most of the day was wasted, but happy that after a long time, Kestrel stayed close enough to yield couple of shots with 400mm. Not sure if the one in last shot is same specie as other one, but it is really colorful and glistens in light so beautifully. For once it decided to pose, but at that very moment, sun lost the battle against fog:cry. Some day want to get both the bigger lens and this colorful Kestrel in proper light!:D

All criticism and helpful pointers are heartily cherished!

1)
IMG_1098-X3.jpg

2)
IMG_1115-X3.jpg

3)
IMG_1120-X3.jpg

4)
IMG_1123-X3.jpg

5)
IMG_1138-X3.jpg

6)
IMG_1201-X3.jpg

7)
IMG_1204-X3.jpg

8)
IMG_1206-X3.jpg

9)
IMG_1207-X3.jpg

10)
IMG_1225-X3.jpg

Comments

• Options
    e6filmusere6filmuser Registered Users Posts: 3,378 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2014
    I like the B/W for the deer.

Is it my eyes or is there a white line around the hawk (No 8)?

Harold
  • Options
    Hunter58Hunter58 Registered Users Posts: 723 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2014
    Very nice set, you made the best of the light. You had a female Kestrel and a male, the last shot with the blue on the wings is the male.
  • Options
    edited December 14, 2014
    e6filmuser wrote: »
    I like the B/W for the deer.

Is it my eyes or is there a white line around the hawk (No 8)?

Harold

Thanks Harold! Glad to see you post here!wings.gif
    You might be right, my processing showed slightest of highlight alert around the head and back area....that might be it....too tired to work on getting it out....should have.
  • Options
    edited December 14, 2014
    Hunter58 wrote: »
    Very nice set, you made the best of the light. You had a female Kestrel and a male, the last shot with the blue on the wings is the male.

Thanks Hunter! Your knowledge is as impressive as your photography!bowdown.gif
    It makes sense now....usually males have nicer plumage....and I kept wondering whether it was different specie......
    To borrow from Harold....it it my eyes....or are female Kestrels bigger than males? From eye test that is what I keep feeling and which is why I never suspected they were same specie....
    Cheers m8!