old house at sunrise

rbtrbt Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
edited January 22, 2015 in Landscapes
old-house-at-sunrise-1-X3.jpg

Comments

• Options
    CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,034 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2015
    I love old houses and barns, I love monochrome, and I love this shot. Everything about it is wonderful, but the gaussian sun behind the tree is perfect!! Excellent job clap.gifclap

Edit - I keep trying to move from this page to another thread and can't seem to leave. I really love this shot!
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2015
    I like it too....in fact love it.....thumb.gif
    ...but a bit soft...maybe that works...I don't know...it may not be due to wide open aperture but due to bringing up shadows too much......when I do that it leaves little gray haziness....which again may be adding here....
    I would have loved the whole tree....
    Cheers!
  • Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,458 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2015
    I like it too. It would be nice to see the whole tree, but it isn't a deal-breaker here. Could be my monitor, but I would like to see just a tad bit more details on the house.

Great shot and location!
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,190 moderator
    edited January 22, 2015
    Good comp. Good sky treatment. Great subject!

If that house is located nearby, it would make a good study in various lighting conditions. The side of the house facing the viewer looks interesting. In shadow, it doesn't do a lot for me except compositionally. The old wood, closer up, could be a superb subject on its own, along with other more colorful views of certain parts of the house.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky