Options

3 new pieces

WirenWiren Registered Users Posts: 741 Major grins
edited January 22, 2015 in Landscapes
3 new images in my new processing technique..

Moonfall-X2.jpg

Yaquina%20Head-X2.jpg

Rippled%20sand-X2.jpg
Lee Wiren

Comments

• Options
    roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2015
    An interesting treatment. I think it works well on 1 and 3 but not so much with 2, IMHO.

Phil
    I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • Options
    lifeinfocuslifeinfocus Registered Users Posts: 1,461 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2015
    I agree with Phil above. Really like number 1.

Phil
    http://www.PhilsImaging.com
    "You don't take a photograph, you make it." ~Ansel Adams
    Phil
  • Options
    WirenWiren Registered Users Posts: 741 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2015
    I agree with Phil above. Really like number 1.

Phil

Thanks guys... I really loved how #1 came out.... with this new process I am needing to try to get several prints done (printed, mounted and waxed with my new "encaustic" process) prior to an upcoming show at my gallery in March.... like all paintings from all painters aren't exceptional and we may only like a few, I know that some of the imagery I choose to do in this process won't take for some folks.... others may love the lighthouse, but not the beach/rocks (#1)... hard to tell, art and tastes can be so subjective.... i've seen some painters work in the gallery i'm a member of be quite popular and I look at it and ask why?..... ne_nau.gif

Anyhow, I think if I can get 50% of them or more that a majority of the population just fall in love with, i'll do ok.

The interesing thing is that the lighthouse image was from 2008, I was not long into my landscape photo hobby at that point... I had taken this image on a coast trip with the boss and always liked it, but it always had people in it... this new software allowed me to successfully get rid of them and re-work the image.... so it's interesting that it's not that popular when it was from a time when I was not that skilled at shooting.... hmmmm

Lee
    Lee Wiren
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited January 21, 2015
    #1 nod.gifclap.gif
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,186 moderator
    edited January 22, 2015
    I'll be different. Love #2.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky