Sun warmed Heather!

Celtic SnapperCeltic Snapper Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
edited September 10, 2016 in Landscapes
Went up the mountain last night for a sunset shoot, composition already planned in my mind.
When I got there, it became apparent that things weren't going to develop as planned, except for the sky, that was boiling up nicely - cue running around like an idiot looking for foreground interest and a decent composition. Under the circumstances, I was quite pleased with the salvage operation!
Nice change for me, I'm only too conscious that my recent mountain photo's were beginning to look the same. This stands out from my gallery at least!
DSC_3201-X2.jpg

www.celticcompositions.co.uk

Comments

• bbentleyphotobbentleyphoto Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited August 16, 2016
    Awesome :D Nice processing. Would look great on someone's wall.
  • fool4thecityfool4thecity Registered Users Posts: 632 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2016
    Beautiful, love the foreground, mid, & background, sky and amazing colors! You got it all captured very nicely. It might just be me, but I think I'd give the foreground just a "kiss" more of light on those rocks. I think you can get some more detail and contrast out of it without distracting from the rest of the image. I agree, it would look amazing on someone's wall, for sure!
  • Celtic SnapperCeltic Snapper Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2016
    Thanks for your comments. I'll re-visit the shot and lift the rocks a little.

Here's the shot I originally planned to shoot, but the sun didn't come around enough. The Black & White version is interesting though!

DSC_3147-X2.jpg

DSC_3147-2-X2.jpg
    edited September 6, 2016
    Another heather shot from the shoot...

DSC_3115-Pano-X2.jpg
  • StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2016
    Good stuff m8!
  • roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2016
    Carl, I absolutely Love that first image. Great scene, comp, and color. The focal point seems to be off just a tad, as the lower right seems a wee bit soft.

Took a moment to spin through your galleries, great stuff there.

Phil
    I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • bristleconebristlecone Registered Users Posts: 451 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2016
    Love that first image!

best,
    -Len
  • Photogirl67Photogirl67 Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited September 8, 2016
    Oh my god, this is brilliant! I'm in love with the image! Very nice work.
    Went up the mountain last night for a sunset shoot, composition already planned in my mind.
    When I got there, it became apparent that things weren't going to develop as planned, except for the sky, that was boiling up nicely - cue running around like an idiot looking for foreground interest and a decent composition. Under the circumstances, I was quite pleased with the salvage operation!
    Nice change for me, I'm only too conscious that my recent mountain photo's were beginning to look the same. This stands out from my gallery at least!
    DSC_3201-X2.jpg

www.celticcompositions.co.uk
  • CCoopCCoop Registered Users Posts: 511 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2016
    I like the "salvage" the best! If this were mine, I think I might warm the lighting in the foreground more to match the warm color temp of the sky. But truly love this!!! Glad for your Plan B!!! --Carter
  • sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2016
    Shot #1 is a real winner! I also am very fond of the shot with the sheep.
  • Dave70DDave70D Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited September 9, 2016
    Beautiful photography.
    edited September 10, 2016
    Thanks again people, very kind!

Cc taken on board, I'll revisit the shot and make WB adjustment, and check out why the focusing is slightly off. Not like me, I'm hoping its deliberate and I have several shots with different focus points, with the intention of focus stacking!?ne_nau.gif