D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
edited October 24, 2014 in People
one of my youngest models..
i-WKT4czv-XL.jpg
A photographer without a style, is like a pub without beer

Comments

• jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2014
    You posted this before. Honestly I find it creepy.
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • dixondukedixonduke Registered Users Posts: 197 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2014
    Alice in wonderland - tim burton, style is what popped into my head.

I find the image interesting, quite evocative.
    Duke
  • D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2014
    You posted this before. Honestly I find it creepy.

Oeps, must be getting old.....Why is this creepy ? Its a fairy-tail , its all soft, blue sky,white bird, apple...doll looking girl...
    Would not mind some explanations why you find this creepy ?
    TXS
    edited October 23, 2014
    dixonduke wrote: »
    Alice in wonderland - tim burton, style is what popped into my head.

I find the image interesting, quite evocative.

TXS Duke, you are the second person that finds this evocative......can you also tell me why ?

Most in Europe find it just the opposite, difference in culture maybe ? That is why I would like to know.
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2014
    Her expression, the twisted feet, the foreground distortion of the apple make it somewhat erie. However it is done well and the styles between America and European professional photographers are different.
    edited October 23, 2014
    Well, I probably watch too much "Criminal Minds" (detective show on tv here), but this looks like something a serial killer pedophile would arrange. Sorry, that's just the reaction it generates for me.

One technical nit, the bird is in scale with her, so it does not help the illusion attempted by the apple.
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,274 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2014
    I agree...creepy. It's her vacant expression, her twisted feet, her being confined. Technically, it's well shot.
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
    edited October 24, 2014
    kdotaylor wrote: »
    I agree...creepy. It's her vacant expression, her twisted feet, her being confined. Technically, it's well shot.

TXS all for viewing, the intend was to create a doll like picture with a real girl. That is the reason for the looks of the eyes, the expression , the feed and hands....
    So based on the comments, it succeeded because all of you feel it creepy because you are looking at the picture and expect to see a model....and I created a doll....
    mwink.gif
    edited October 24, 2014
    I think the doll effect could have been accomplished without making it creepy. The fact she is captive in a cage looking longingly at food out of reach sends a weird message if you ask me.
    -Jack