Options

Melanie

D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
edited October 20, 2014 in People
Fashion shoot with Melanie for a local folder.
CF004645-Edit-2.jpg
A photographer without a style, is like a pub without beer

Comments

• Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2014
    Love it. Well done.
  • Options
    jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2014
    Superb. However I'm wondering why use Medium Format for this if you're going to smooth away all that detail and add grain? Did they need a huge file? Or was it simply a matter of convenience?
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • Options
    edited October 20, 2014
    Good question but an easy answer..... If you were to see the original of this shot on 10 bit Graphical monitor in the ARGB colorspace then you will see the difference in the darks and shadows, and the skin nuances. Of course on the net the colorspace is shrunk to RGB and is an 8 bit file (8-8-8), and indeed then you do not see that detail and color as it really is.
    So pictures on the Net are never as good as they really are , yet the delivery to a magazine happens in high resolution and 16 Bit Tiff.... What they do with it is another issue all together.
    Secondly, posters require large pixel sizes so that the RIP does not need to do to much interpolation (loss of info).
    The MF Camera provides that .
  • Options
    lifeinfocuslifeinfocus Registered Users Posts: 1,461 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2014
    I see a little bit of Elizabeth Taylor in this image. Intentional?

Phil
    http://www.PhilsImaging.com
    "You don't take a photograph, you make it." ~Ansel Adams
    Phil
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2014
    When you get the next generation MF camera, can I have this one? :D

Then I can take pictures like you. NO>>>>I am not going to listen to the naysayers................if I had your camera I could take pictures like you, guaranteed!

I can prove it.....send me a MF camera............rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif

Sam

Good work!
  • Options
    edited October 20, 2014
    Sam wrote: »
    When you get the next generation MF camera, can I have this one? :D

Then I can take pictures like you. NO>>>>I am not going to listen to the naysayers................if I had your camera I could take pictures like you, guaranteed!

I can prove it.....send me a MF camera............rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif

Sam

Good work!

Haha Sam, it is not the camera that matters.... it's the composition and light that makes or brakes a picture.