Sharing Shopping Cart

45mphK945mphK9 Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited November 11, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I had a shoot with an extended family. We did all different kinds of groupings. They are wanting to use one shopping cart, but order from different locations/computers as they live in different cities. In their mind this will save a lot on shipping. Is there a way for them to do this?

Thanks!

Comments

• brjphotobrjphoto Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2009
    45mphK9 wrote:
    I had a shoot with an extended family. We did all different kinds of groupings. They are wanting to use one shopping cart, but order from different locations/computers as they live in different cities. In their mind this will save a lot on shipping. Is there a way for them to do this?

Thanks!

I'm confused... do they want to have everything shipped to single location, or are they expecting all their stuff from a single order to be shipped to multiple locations?

I don't think there is a way to do what you are asking. I don't know of any web based business that offers this service.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2009
    I'm sorry this is not possible.
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2009
    45mphK9 wrote:

Thanks!
    Independent of Smugmug's capabilities, it doesn't make logical sense to ship one order to multiple places to save on shipping. The reason shipping to multiple locations requires multiple shipping charges is because it incurs multiple shipping charges.

If what they are trying to do is to all create one order that is shipped one place, then they will have to designate one central person as the one making the order and then they will all have to email that one person what they want to order (image numbers, sizes, finish, any cropping instructions). The one central person will then go in and place the entire order, pay for the order and designate where it ships and then when the order arrives take responsibility for distributing it to each party and collecting any money.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • brjphotobrjphoto Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2009
    jfriend wrote:
    Independent of Smugmug's capabilities, it doesn't make logical sense to ship one order to multiple places to save on shipping. The reason shipping to multiple locations requires multiple shipping charges is because it incurs multiple shipping charges.

If what they are trying to do is to all create one order that is shipped one place, then they will have to designate one central person as the one making the order and then they will all have to email that one person what they want to order (image numbers, sizes, finish, any cropping instructions). The one central person will then go in and place the entire order, pay for the order and designate where it ships and then when the order arrives take responsibility for distributing it to each party and collecting any money.

Exactly. What he said.
  • MT StringerMT Stringer Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2009
    If the customers live in different cities, the orders would still have to be shipped unless the central buyer plans to hand deliver the prints.

I sounds to like it would be easier for each family member to place their own order and have it shipped to them..
    Please visit my website: www.mtstringer.smugmug.com
    My Portfolio
    MaxPreps Profile

Canon EOS 1D MK III and 7d; Canon 100 f/2.0; Canon 17-40 f/4; Canon 24-70 f/2.8; Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS; Canon 300 f/2.8L IS; Canon 1.4x and Sigma 2x; Sigma EF 500 DG Super and Canon 580 EX II.