Options

Is the SM button for Picasa not supposed to work anymore or is it just me?

marassamarassa Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
edited August 13, 2016 in SmugMug Support
Still looking for an easy way to move my Picasa Web albums to SM with all their geotags assigned in Picasaweb (NOT in EXIF), tried to download them to the discontinued Picasa app (v3.9) which does see my geotags, installed the SM button but it does not work - just displays this URL http://www.smugmug.com/photos/picasa/finish.mg?keepAlive=&AlbumID=0&PhotoCount=0&ErrorCount=0
in a blank window and nothing happens. Is it not supposed to work anymore or am I doing something wrong?
PS SmuggLr still works but won't copy the geotags which are not in EXIF.
Best regards,
Andrei

Comments

• Options
    TeachTeach Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2016
    Your best bet would be to upload to SmugMug manually after downloading the properly geotagged images from Picasa. It will make sure that the geotags are added when the items are uploaded to SmugMug.
    Heather
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    marassamarassa Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited August 13, 2016
    Teach wrote: »
    Your best bet would be to upload to SmugMug manually after downloading the properly geotagged images from Picasa. It will make sure that the geotags are added when the items are uploaded to SmugMug.
    You mean the SM uploader will somehow look into the .json files accompanying the images exported from Picasaweb??? I already mentioned the geotags added in Picasaweb are NOT in EXIF; otherwise I could simply use SmuggLr.
  • Options
    TeachTeach Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2016
    I apologize for the confusion. We can only read the geotag data if it's embedded in the image EXIF. I do not believe there is a way for Picasa to export and embed that in the EXIF.
    Heather
    SmugMug Support Hero