Putting my feet into the Lightroom

sebpaynesebpayne Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
edited January 10, 2006 in Finishing School
Hello Everyone :clap

Just wondering, I have downloaded and installed Lightroom and I love it! I can imagine it is what Aperture would be if I could run it! Camera Raw is great (works with my KM A200 :): ) and it is generally a good app.

However, I'm a serious ameteur at the moment and I'm looking at workflow apps. At the moment, I'm using iView Media Pro 3 which is very nice but it doesn't feel intergrated with anything else. Plus, I also like having a central location for all my photos and catalogues - having seperate ones for each shoot means I will loose them! When bringing in RAW photos with iView, I have to:

1. Rename them with ExifRenamer
2. Open them in Camera Raw and adjust them
3. Save them as DNG for storage
4. Save them as JPEG for smugmug
5. Create a catalogue with both JPEG and DNG files in
6. Annotate the files
7. Use PictureSync to upload them to smugmug
8. Print any I really like

I'm sure with Lightroom, this will be easier (and become even easier as the feature list grows!).

So, should I begin with Lightroom and get myself training up or continue with iView Media Pro? I have nothing major planned until February, when hopefully Lightroom should have a second beta and be a lot better. Hopefully, if I can get some work, I may be able to afford a good A3 printer and Lightroom when it comes out :thumb

Thanks

Seb