User name change -- affect post history?

GaryBakkerGaryBakker Registered Users Posts: 266 Major grins
edited May 5, 2012 in Dgrin Forum Support
I am considering changing my username on Dgrin. When I signed up a long time ago I was paranoid about using my real name.

How times have changed with message board privacy expectations.

Anyway, if I request a username change will the posts associated with my old username be linked to my new username? In other words, is the link dynamic or static?

And could you check to see if either gsbakker or garybakker would be available?

Regards,
Gary
SmugMug site => The Bakker Chautauqua
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." (Einstein)

Comments

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator
    edited May 3, 2012
    Your posts stay the same, only your username changes. However, it there is text in yours or anyone else's posts that quote you by your old username, those don't change, so you might need to accept the dual personality in those cases.

I'll search now. You will need to log back in with your new username and password, as the stored cookie in your computer won't recognize your new username. So I'll get back here in a few minutes...

OK, done. Both names are available, and no one has a username close to either. Which one would you prefer?

I am considering changing my username on Dgrin. When I signed up a long time ago I was paranoid about using my real name.
    How times have changed with message board privacy expectations.
    Anyway, if I request a username change will the posts associated with my old username be linked to my new username? In other words, is the link dynamic or static?
    And could you check to see if either gsbakker or garybakker would be available?
    Regards,
    Gary
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • GaryBakkerGaryBakker Registered Users Posts: 266 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2012
    David,
    Thanks for the quick response. Please change my username to GaryBakker (no spaces).

Gary
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." (Einstein)
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator
    edited May 5, 2012
    OK. Going live in 3, 2, 1...
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • GaryBakkerGaryBakker Registered Users Posts: 266 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2012
    Logged back in with new username! Thanks David.