GEAR: Beach Rolly

HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
edited May 3, 2006 in Book and Gear Reviews
Beach Rolly

Review by Harryb.

Its been getting tiresome toting around all my equipment lately. I placed the following ad in our local paper "Sherpa wanted -heavy work, extremely low pay, lots of verbal abuse". For some reason I had no takers, even the illegals didn't want the job. Facing a future of back aches and hernias I was desperate. Then another photographer recommended the BEACH ROLLY!!
67633936_mt66E-XL.jpg

In the above shots the Beach Rolly is holding the following: a Gitzo 1325 Carbon Fiber Tripod; a Wimberly Head; a Nikon 500mm F/4; Nikon 300mm F4; Nikon VR 80-400; Nikon VR 70-200 2.8; a Nikon 28-70 2.8; a Better Beamer; a Nikon SB-800 flash; and an Epson P2000.
67633947_Ds2Rv-XL.jpg

It is amazingly easy to wheel all that equipment around and it manuevers very easily. I have used it on a number of shoots and it works great. I can now take more equipment with me and have a lot more flexibility when I shoot. It also serves as a chair when unloaded. The Beach Rolly weighs just 10 pounds, folds to 28"X21"X5.5" for your trunk , and is made of solid, non-rusting aluminum. It will haul up to 154 pounds, and as a chair hold 264 pounds.

I bought it online from a company called Practical Products of America.

When my Beach Rolly arrived the axle had been damaged in shipment. I e-mailed the company on Saturday. On Monday morning I had received a response from them and around an hour later confirmation that a replacement axle had been shipped to me. I received the replacement axle on Thursday and the Beach Rolly assembly could not have been easier. I was extremely pleased with their fast response to my problem.
Harry
http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"