Original Download

goziagozia Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited January 26, 2015 in SmugMug Support
Does anybody know how to download an original image from a gallery? I know you can change X2 to O in the image link, but I don't think that works if the gallery isn't set up to display the original? Any way to do this? Thanks

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited December 27, 2013
    gozia wrote: »
    Does anybody know how to download an original image from a gallery? I know you can change X2 to O in the image link, but I don't think that works if the gallery isn't set up to display the original? Any way to do this? Thanks
    When you're logged in to your site you can always download the originals using the download button.

Are you asking to allow download of the originals by viewers of your site? If you are you must make the original the largest viewing size and I believe you also must turn right click protect off.

--- Denise
  • goziagozia Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited December 27, 2013
    Thanks. Is there a website address that I can use to send a link to the original image? I have one specific image in mind and was hoping I could change X2 to O in the below link, but it's not working (just redirects to the x2 version). I'm trying to send an original file to somebody but don't have the image on this computer. Thanks.
    http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/picturename/0/X2/picturename-X2.jpg
    When you're logged in to your site you can always download the originals using the download button.

Are you asking to allow download of the originals by viewers of your site? If you are you must make the original the largest viewing size and I believe you also must turn right click protect off.

--- Denise
    edited December 27, 2013
    gozia wrote: »
    Thanks. Is there a website address that I can use to send a link to the original image? I have one specific image in mind and was hoping I could change X2 to O in the below link, but it's not working (just redirects to the x2 version). I'm trying to send an original file to somebody but don't have the image on this computer. Thanks.
    http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/picturename/0/X2/picturename-X2.jpg
    Changing the X2 to O in two places in your URL should work - but you can't send a link to the original photo unless you have enabled access to the originals in that gallery.

If you're trying to give someone access to a single photo have you considered placing it in an unlisted gallery? Place a copy of the photo in a new unlisted gallery, set the gallery to allow access to the Originals, and send the individual a link to that gallery.

--- Denise
  • KarenLKarenL Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited January 26, 2015
    Downloading Original Image
    I want to allow family and friends to download selected photos, (and sometimes entire galleries), in their original, hi res form. I have set the 'Maximum Display Size' to 'original' and have turned the 'Right-click Protected' to 'OFF'. According to my daughter, the images are still down loading in lo res. Can you help????
    edited January 26, 2015
    KarenL wrote: »
    I want to allow family and friends to download selected photos, (and sometimes entire galleries), in their original, hi res form. I have set the 'Maximum Display Size' to 'original' and have turned the 'Right-click Protected' to 'OFF'. According to my daughter, the images are still down loading in lo res. Can you help????
    I've answered your question in your thread titled Allowing Others to Download Original Images. Please go to that thread for the answer.

--- Denise