Stupid Photographer Tricks

RonD200RonD200 Registered Users Posts: 350 Major grins
edited February 13, 2009 in Technique
Have any of you ever done anything stupid while out taking photos, I have lots of times.

I've written about the dumb things I've done on my photo blog, go here and have a good laugh at my expense:

Stupid Photographer Tricks

And if any of you have done any dumb stuff please leave a comment on the blog, it will make me feel better knowing that I'm not the only one that does stupid stuff!!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

408574843_FZtVv-S.jpg

The easiest way to leave a comment on the blog is just to Comment by: Name then just type in your name (you don't have to type a URL) or Comment by anonymous

Comments

• TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2009
    i will need to write mine down... however they trump yours easyrolleyes1.gifthumb
    Aaron Nelson
  • RonD200RonD200 Registered Users Posts: 350 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2009
    i will need to write mine down... however they trump yours easyrolleyes1.gifthumb

Can't wait to read them! :D:D:D
  • CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2009
    Those aren't so bad, Ron!

I've been known to leave the lens cap on and try to adjust apeture and shutter speed in an attempt to get a shot! rolleyes1.gif

And the bane of my existence is the placement of the ISO button on my XTi. Apparently, it's right where my thumb rests when I'm walking around... so 2 quick taps and I'm at ISO 1600 thinking I'm at 100... I haven't gotten around to trying out Noise Ninja yet, but I've got a whole stack of shots that are pretty much ruined due to bright sun light and ISO 1600...
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2009

I drove 24 miles to get some great sunrise photos. Got the camera set up on the tripod, turned the camera on and nothing. Then I realized that I had left the battery in the charger at home.
    Steve

Website
  • RonD200RonD200 Registered Users Posts: 350 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2009
    I drove 24 miles to get some great sunrise photos. Got the camera set up on the tripod, turned the camera on and nothing. Then I realized that I had left the battery in the charger at home.

After reading the posts here and on the Stupid Photographers Tricks Blog it looks like quite a few of us have done some dumb stuff while out taking photos, they're funny to read now, but they probably weren't very funny at the time we did them! :D
  • eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2009
    I've performed my share of Stupid Photographer Tricks over the years, and the first one that comes to mind was when I accidentally imitated the "Dirty Old Man Photographer" stereotype (even though I was in my early twenties): I was in the school studio; new model, first time shooting lingerie and I shot the equivalent of two thirty-six exposure rolls of film, and changes into two other outfits, before realizing I hadn't put any film in the camera. 11doh.gif Talk about embarrasing!!

Fortunately, the model had a good memory - not to mention a good sense of humor - and we redid whatever poses and outfits we could fit into the time we had left.
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather