edited May 4, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
20d_0477.jpg

20d_0474.jpg

1929 Boehmerland

Comments

• eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2008
    :D When mass transit goes two-wheeled.

That's the most unique bike I've seen since the one I saw with a radial motor mounted inside the front wheel. Unfortunately, it was in a collection that didn't allow photography.

When and where was this thing made, MrQ?
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2008
    The builder of this thing better watch out......BMW will be stealing design secrets from his creation. Nice shots.
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2008
    What an interesting looking bike. I would love to have a ride on it. I found this...its also a 600cc from my googling.
  • MrQMrQ Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited May 3, 2008
    eL eSs Vee wrote:
    :D When mass transit goes two-wheeled.

That's the most unique bike I've seen since the one I saw with a radial motor mounted inside the front wheel. Unfortunately, it was in a collection that didn't allow photography.

When and where was this thing made, MrQ?

1929 in Czechoslovakia was used by the fire department. This bike was one of the bikes in the "Art of the Motorcycle" show put on by the Guggenheim Museum... This thing is a wonderful machine.

20d_0475.jpg
  • eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2008
    Interesting! Fire department" was one of the things on my mind while I looked at the bike. 1929, eh? The rotary bike I'd mentioend was made in Germany in 1921.
    MrQ wrote:
    1929 in Czechoslovakia was used by the fire department. This bike was one of the bikes in the "Art of the Motorcycle" show put on by the Guggenheim Museum... This thing is a wonderful machine.

20d_0475.jpg
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2008
    MrQ wrote:
    1929 Boehmerland

What an odd looking Motorbike, one would imagine it would be harder to control with 4 people on it?

The side cart to the left looks good.

Nice to see these vehicles in such good condition,
    I think it's wonderful that folks take the time to restore these things.

Thanks for sharing MrQ thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2008
    Slick bike... Very good shot of it. That rear seat looks the challange. :D
    I couldn't do it. mwink.gif
    Michael