Options

Lightroom-SM workflow question

sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,829 Major grins
edited January 19, 2015 in SmugMug Support
Hi,
I'm thinking to reorganize my galleries. Right now my site is organized so that I upload my "Private Galleries" (password-protected) out of Lightroom and then use the SM Organizer to make smart "Public Galleries" which are either based on a keyword or a Private Gallery (I exclude pictures of friends and family).

I would like to start doing this organization in Lightroom because in LR I can use the star ratings to do a further refinement of what's shown in the private galleries. Furthermore, if I import the galleries directly as public galleries then I work around the current EXIF-info display bug. [If a photo in a smart gallery is pulled from a password-protected gallery, then the EXIF info is not displayed when a non-logged-in user clicks on the Information button.]

On the Lightroom side, regardless of how many collections a photo is in, the photo exists only one time. The question is: when I upload the same photo from two different Lightroom collections will it then exist twice in SM or is SM smart enough to see that it is the same photo? What I don't want is that a keyword search results in returning multiple copies of the same photo. (Not that many people actually use the keyword search, but you never know...)

Thanks in advance for any responses!

Cheers,

Sara