e-Shoot with Ben and Jenny in Plymouth, UK

Mark1616Mark1616 Registered Users Posts: 319 Major grins
edited January 31, 2012 in Weddings
This is the first e-Shoot of 2012 and what a great couple to start off with. It wasn't a warm day to say the least and Ben was really nervous to start with, but they soon relaxed and we had a fun hour together.

Please fire off any constructive C&C smiley.gif

Ben-and-Jenny-0001.jpg

Ben-and-Jenny-0002.jpg

Ben-and-Jenny-0004.jpg

Ben-and-Jenny-0005.jpg

Ben-and-Jenny-0008.jpg

Ben-and-Jenny-0014.jpg

Ben-and-Jenny-0015.jpg

Ben-and-Jenny-0017.jpg

Ben-and-Jenny-0018.jpg

I'm here to learn so please feel free to give me constructive criticism to help me become the photographer I desire to be.

Comments

• babowcbabowc Registered Users Posts: 510 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2012
    I love #5!
    #6 and 7 doesn't do much for me, but #8 would've been so much better with some sort of fill lighting on the faces.. maybe a reflector?
    -Mike Jin
    D800
    16/2.8, f1.4G primes, f2.8 trio, 105/200 macro, SB900.
    It never gets easier, you just get better.
  • tenoverthenosetenoverthenose Registered Users Posts: 815 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2012
    Here's my quick thoughts:

1. Watch his legs (chopped off) and the edge of the bench. To me (my personal preference) I would get down low and center the bench and shoot wide open. This would get them in it, put the focus on them while helping to remove the distracting background (does the background add anything?).

2. Good moment. I would probably crop in tighter to get rid of just part of this right hand (all or nothing).

3. I like this. Would this have looked better symmetrical? I would probably take advantage of the leading lines of the walkway edge. Maybe even place them 30 feet back at that intersection. That would probably make a compositionally stronger photo.

4. That background looks odd to me, I'm not sure what I'm looking at. I like the moment, tree looks good and you caught them in good light. If you use his left hand to hold her in the small of her back, it will give her a little more curve too.

5. This is good. I think you could do something better with the post though. It's the white goes that draw the viewers eyes.... not their faces.

6. Good, but the vertical crop of #7 would look better.

7. This just looks likes it OOF.

8. Awesome look on bride, mixed light on groom (shadow over his eyes) makes it just a little off. If he just turned to her and whispered in her ear...

9. Same as #8. Make sure you have light on their eyes - unless of course you want want to ;-)