Options

Listing all videos

huseyinhuseyin Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
edited June 2, 2016 in SmugMug Support
Is there a custom view or "search folder" possibility so that one folder or one search string can display all videos in list view so I can see when it was uploaded, etc.

Thanks.
My smugmug still under construction & organization with 17,000 images and counting... meanwhile check my Flickr

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2015
    I add a specific keyword to all videos and use that keyword in a smart gallery. That's the only way
    I know of to find videos.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited July 20, 2015
    Allen wrote: »
    I add a specific keyword to all videos and use that keyword in a smart gallery. That's the only way
    I know of to find videos.

Yes, I am kicking myself for not doing that, but it's too late because my videos are scattered all over and actually the reason I wanted to list all videos was so I can find the ones I want and just rename them with proper file names/titles.
    My smugmug still under construction & organization with 17,000 images and counting... meanwhile check my Flickr
  • Options
    edited July 20, 2015
    On my /search page I added search term * and picked VIDEOS underneath. Seemed to find many videos.
    Logged in it seemed to find family videos (password galleries) also.
  • Options
    edited July 20, 2015
    Allen wrote: »
    On my /search page I added search term * and picked VIDEOS underneath. Seemed to find many videos.
    Logged in it seemed to find family videos also.
    Yes, I did the same thing in Search and chose videos, but search results are just boxes with no way to tell when they are from unless I hover with mouse and check folders. Also the filter section somehow doesn't have dates working properly. If we could have a list view with header row that we can click to sort date/size/duration etc that is the type of results I am looking for.
  • Options
    edited July 20, 2015
    I did an "inspect element" and in the html all the gallery photo links are there. Page source would probably show same thing.
    <div id="yui_3_8_0_1_1437410467135_2617" class="sm-search-resultset">
        <h1 id="yui_3_8_0_1_1437410467135_2618"></h1>
        [COLOR=Red]<ul [/COLOR]id="yui_3_8_0_1_1437410467135_2616" class="sm-search-tiles yui3-g">
                <li id="yui_3_8_0_1_1437410467135_10233" class="yui3-u">
                    <div id="yui_3_8_0_1_1437410467135_10235" class="sm-search-tile sm-search-tile-video" 
                           data-url="[COLOR=Red]full gallery video link[/COLOR]" data-clientid="model_903"></div>
          </li>

I can even refine results by camera!!!!
  • Options
    edited July 20, 2015
    Thanks Allen,
    Can that be used to display the results in different view?
  • Options
    edited July 20, 2015
    Not sure what you mean by different views?
  • Options
    edited July 23, 2015
    Sorry, I thought you were creating a new CSS to list videos differently, what did you mean by inspect element? Do you mean in Firefox?
    I am just looking for a way to list all videos in a simple list format with a small thumbnail so I can easily rename them or check them before renaming and also be able to see videos without having to go through each album.

Can Smugmug implement smart album based on file format so we can choose Video and any new video listed would be added there.
  • Options
    edited June 2, 2016
    Hi, has there been any development on this where we can ask Smugmug through a Smart Gallery or by using a filter?