Options

Print and frame sizes

MichaelpMichaelp Registered Users Posts: 3 Big grins
edited July 21, 2015 in SmugMug Support
This ought to be easy to figure out, but ...

When I choose and 8x10 print through Smugmug and then add a frame (which SM says is also 8X10), is the photo reduced 2"/side for to fit within the mat, or is the frame actually 12 x 14?

Second Q: I do not see any option for choosing among the different print labs. I doing straight glossy prints. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2015
    Hi there,

1. Frames would of course be sized to fit whatever print size you selected. So they'd enlarge the dimensions of the product you'll receive. You can see the specific frame size displayed in the "customize your print" section where you can select your desired frame. It should display the "frame size" when you hold your mouse over a product. If you also add a mat, it'll increase the frame size to accommodate the mat - here's the relevant part of the description that's displayed next to the available mats:
    "Choosing a mat will update your frame price in order to adjust for a larger frame."

2. The lab for a pricelist is fixed. If you'd like to use a different lab, you could create a new the manage pricelist screen. For details on pricelists and how to use them, check out this page.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    MichaelpMichaelp Registered Users Posts: 3 Big grins
    edited July 21, 2015
    Hi there,

1. Frames would of course be sized to fit whatever print size you selected. So they'd enlarge the dimensions of the product you'll receive. You can see the specific frame size displayed in the "customize your print" section where you can select your desired frame. It should display the "frame size" when you hold your mouse over a product. If you also add a mat, it'll increase the frame size to accommodate the mat - here's the relevant part of the description that's displayed next to the available mats:
    "Choosing a mat will update your frame price in order to adjust for a larger frame."

2. The lab for a pricelist is fixed. If you'd like to use a different lab, you could create a new the manage pricelist screen. For details on pricelists and how to use them, check out this page.

1. Frames. This is very helpful and clear.

2. The labs. I'm interested in different lab options for my own printing. My understanding is that the price lists I set up are for my customers. So I'm not sure how to use the price lists to select labs for myself. Thank you.