Options

D90 folder numbering ...

SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
edited February 10, 2009 in Cameras
question not sure where to post this particular question, so here goes ....

D90
i know how to set things so my photos have the continuous numbering (when i take the photo's off my card, the photo numbers keep on going where they left off)

now is there a way to set the file folder so it is also continuous, meaning when i remove a file folder from my card, the next folder that is created will be a number higher?

i've looked and can't seem to find out if this is an option.

thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2009
    on my KM 7D's I get a dated folder and if get a 2nd folder for the day the 3rd number from the left is the actual folder number.....1st folder is lke: 10190210 .....the next folder will automatically be 10290210.......I have several files that the 1st 3 numbers will be the same and date is 4th number is last digit of year, next 2 are month and then last 2 are day.......
    hth

p/s......this should have been posted under cameras or The Big Picture.......just for reference :-}
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited February 10, 2009
    i now see that, 'the big picture' maybe someone will move this post to the rightful post. anyway, thanks for your reply ... i could do these things with my previous non nikon camera, but i can't seem to find where to do this in the D90 .......

cheers