Options

Fast way view to view large *and* collect photos?

Mari WirtaMari Wirta Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited July 17, 2015 in SmugMug Support
In the old SmugMug, you could go into the classic SmugMug View of any gallery (thumbnails on the left, large image on the right), set the yellow "+" connect button to the gallery you wanted, and be able to arrow through a large number of photos quickly seeing each image large enough to compare and decide, and collect the ones you wanted to the preset gallery with just one mouseclick.

Is there any way to still do this? It seems my choice is either ease/speed/few mouseclicks, or viewing an image large, but I can't find a way to do both:

I can go into organize and collect large numbers of photos quickly, but I can only see each one in thumbnail, making it hard to select if they are similar.

or

I can go into one of the standard gallery views and see the images large, but I have to go through multiple mouseclicks to collect a single photo (share button, collect, select gallery, etc), making it torturous to do more than a few.

Are there any options or ways to do this that I'm not aware of? Thank you SO much for any advice y'all may have...

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2015
    Hi Mari,
    You can collect individual photos with the share button > collect tool below a photo when viewed large. That should work in both, organizer and in the gallery. However, it's not possible to preselect a gallery to collect the photos to. So you would have to locate your desired gallery in the gallery picker for each photo you wish to collect.

That said, to view any photo in the organizer big in lightbox, simply double click on it. Once you close the lightbox with the X button or ESC key on your keyboard, your previous selection will still be in place. Just note that double clicking also selects the photo, but you can easily deselect it by clicking on it again.

In case you didn't know, you can turn on the filename display in the organizer. That might help you in selecting the photos for collecting them in bulk. To do that, just click on the "rectangle with line below it" icon in the upper right of the organizer. It's next to the sort and square icon.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    Mari WirtaMari Wirta Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited July 16, 2015
    Hmmm, I appreciate the effort of the answer, but this definitely isn't a better option. I understand you can use the share>collect button, but it's at least four mouseclicks to collect a single photo that way versus what used to be only one, and I didn't even notice you couldn't pre-set the gallery anymore, argh. I do not know or pay attention to images by filename, nor doing I want to keep having to refer back and forth to different views and clicking around to do something that used to just fast and easy and just one single mouseclick.

I don't mean to sound unappreciative of your attempt to help me, I'm just frustrated cause it sounds like there is no better options and nothing that makes it as easy a process as it used to be for me. So, I'm sad that I'm stuck and can't upgrade to the new Smugmug because there is absolutely no way at all that adding all of that extra clicking and navigating around is ever going to be a viable addition to my workload. :( Sigh.
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2015
    Hi Mari,
    Did you see my second paragraph about the organizer? It keeps your selection while you view photos with a double click so you can easily enlarge a photo and close it again to view / select others.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero