School photography software

mrlartermrlarter Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
edited January 5, 2012 in Mind Your Own Business
Starting this year I am getting more into graduation photos for the local universities and schools.

Things have been simple up to this point but I potentially have a very large contract coming up. I was curious to know if anyone knew of any school photography programs that help organize and sort photos from a grad photo sitting.

Suggestions? I did a search and had no luck.
Brian Larter
brianlarter.com
aperturestudios.ca

weapon of choice: Canon 40D
BG-E2 Battery Grip
50mm f/1.8 MK 1
28-135mm IS USM f/3.5-5.6
17-40mm L USM f/4.0

Comments

• entropysedgeentropysedge Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    I saw a demo of http://www.photolynx.com/ 's software at the Fujifulm Pro S5 Capture to Print seminar last December. There were a couple of other folks who had similar software ... just don't recall who they were ... headscratch.gif
  • frgfrg Registered Users Posts: 583 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    Have you had a look at Adobe lightroom http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshoplightroom/
  • entropysedgeentropysedge Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2008
  • PhotoLynxPhotoLynx Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited February 6, 2008
    School Photography Software
    I'm Michael Stevens from PhotoLynx. We will be happy to help anyone with their software needs to help them get going with school photography. If interested, please drop me an email. Michael@PhotoLynx.com or call 760-782-9000. We are located in San Diego, California....
  • scoolpicturescoolpicture Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited April 19, 2011
    interested
    Hi,

I read this post. I am looking for software that links a student id to a picture. This so we can print ID cards with name and so on. Is this what you are developping.

Scoolpicture
  • jochumsonjochumson Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited July 6, 2011
    Did you ever get your software completed?
  • PhotoLynxSupportPhotoLynxSupport Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited July 13, 2011
    PhotoLynx Software
    Hi,

I read this post. I am looking for software that links a student id to a picture. This so we can print ID cards with name and so on. Is this what you are developping.

Scoolpicture

Hi there. I'm a support tech over at PhotoLynx. We have a few different pieces of software that look like would fit your needs. We are able to print ID cards onsite. If you have any questions, you can call us at 760 756 1199. Or you can send us an email at info@photolynx.com We look forward to hearing from you.
  • FrankPFrankP Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited January 5, 2012
    In the UK there are three main software suppliers for School (specific) Photography.

Halse: Comprehensive software for name capture and a few major Labs use there back end software.

Parker Franklin: "proof-station" allows name capture and self proofing and "proofing on the day", free software, but it is designed for you to use their LAb and services.

Dunns: Free software, designed to work with the LAb, No name capture software.